Best Semi-Cheater HP Boar

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
I regrettably let a craigslist superchunk slip though my fingers, felt like a little too much overlap with my ASQ
Dude, dont let that happen again. I mean, do whatcha like but IMHO the SC is better for EC waves, immediate response. I feel like the ASQ likes a little more shoulder where you can draw your turns out, unless the ASQ sized really small, then you can just manhandle it… My fave was a 5’5 ML ASQ. I used to drown that little kitty and fit it into acute spaces. I miss that thing. Boardanomics is a real phenomena.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@Havoc IMHO I say you take a good look at the Fuse. I only rode one a couple times, but think it’s fishy-up-front, party-in-the-back mullet outline would be enough to get you back in the lip. It was something I could’ve ridden most days in SD.
After first demo sesh, the Flare was fun, but I don’t think it is gonna have enough cheat for me, compared to what I’m used to. It’s all relative of course, and I’m sure if someone is used to more HPSB, it feels like a cheater.
I’ve become pretty pragmatic nowadays about what works for me at this point, for the spots I typically surf.

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
CI Flyer 2
@Mr J had a chuckle to myself when I saw a shitty old 7' Tuflite Flyer 2 with the worst rattle can spray job all along the rails replete with plenty of long dribbles of overspray for $100 in the racks at my local surfshop. The nose rocker on that board look comical by today's standards. I think my mate is buying it so he can use it a jousting lance when Noosa is packed (any time there's even a sniff of a rideable wave). He will probably pay $80.