Makes sense. We just do the dinner and binge 2-3 episodes of whatever

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I really want to get my boys playing World of Warcraft

I can't really get fired up for these console games after the MMORPGs

next fkn level
Are you insane?

For reference, I have some credentials in this area. I took a year off life and sat in my underpants and only played wow. One of the first guilds to down Onyxia, Ragnaros, BWS etc. You really want your boys to get into an MMORPG?

Played Cold War which is continuation of Warzone storyline, but it's so far, the game play is less than desirable. Maps and details are insane though.
yea, I'll be skipping this one too. I played Black ops 4 so much I reached Master prestige lvl 1000, then couldnt get into MW, neither does this one appeal :(

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Makes sense. We just do the dinner and binge 2-3 episodes of whatever
2-3 episodes of whatever ... if "whatever's" a 50ish min episode... there' your answer to the question of "where do you get time to play".

2-3 hours a day is a fair bit of gaming.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I need to find a Kelly Slater Pro Surfer ROM and emulator.

If it exists, the MAME project would probably have it. Amazing project whereby they hunted down every single version of every single arcade game, even other language versions, chipsets with bugs such as the famous Galaga no-shoot bug, also those rare laser disc games like Dragon's Lair, and console games going all the way back to commodore64, through Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafix64 and a ton more you've probably never heard of. They copied the original ROM files to preserve them. It's a massive project with over 5,000 ROM sets that are playable with the MAME emulator.

And guys have build some mind blowing arcade cabinets to play MAME on. Gorgeous works of art.

Reactions: waxfoot

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
oh i did, it came with the PS4 i bought, the remastered version. loved it, hence why I picked up number 2 as soon as it went on sale for 40 bucks.

this one is way more brutal, and the human enemies are way more intense especially with their fucking dogs. got to a hard part and am taking a break. borrowed spiderman from a neighbor - pretty fun too.
Those are the 2 games I can'r wait to play and refuse to play them on my Fat PS4. They'll have to wait for the PS5! 2 Other games I definitely want to play is Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (I might get this one on my One X) and Ghost of Tsushima. (where are the good ninja games since they stopped with the amazing Tenchu games?!)

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: even with the pandemic, how do all youse have time for all this stuff?

I got pretty good at golden eye back in the day
I turn it on after my wife goes to bed and play for like 30 minutes then I start falling asleep on the loading screens. lol.

I honestly haven't had the time (nor the will to be honest) to play much. But having been a game geek all my life I feel I can't be left out when a new console comes out. But yeah, getting old does something to your will to play video games, it gets boring much quicker now. Only insanely good games can keep me up anymore. I used to play for hours and hours on end until my eyes started hurting, now I get bored in the first 30 minutes.

Reactions: Subway

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Those are the 2 games I can'r wait to play and refuse to play them on my Fat PS4. They'll have to wait for the PS5! 2 Other games I definitely want to play is Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (I might get this one on my One X) and Ghost of Tsushima. (where are the good ninja games since they stopped with the amazing Tenchu games?!)
Tsushima was rad..super fun and gorgeous. its the first game where i was compelled to do all the side missions and stuff.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Tsushima was rad..super fun and gorgeous. its the first game where i was compelled to do all the side missions and stuff.
Nowadays it has to be that kind of game for me. It needs to be excellent to really hook me in otherwise I AM going to sleep on the first loading screen.

And of course all WILL GO TO sh!t once GTA 6 is eventually out. I totally see myself going for 4 hours straight playing a new GTA, those guys know their deal.

Reactions: CutnSnip

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I don't see why you say that PS4 is overrated. Like, come on, you can play RDR2 with those stable 30 FPS on a platform that is like ten years old. Isn't it enough to understand the value of PlayStation? Also, for the same money spent on a Computer, you will not be able to launch even a proper browser!
I loved PCs when I was young. Hell, I still love them, but I have an issue. It bugs me to play a game not using its full potential. and with PC you can always set the quality a bit higher, there's always wiggle room no matter how insane your setup is... and new graphic cards every month keep the specs going up. (not to mention processors, memory, even the power source)

With consoles I'm relieved to know I'm playing the game as was intended by the developers even if I know PC games will always be a little more over the top.

So, want to get a PS5 but them scalpers fucked everything up. You can't find a PS5 at any proper store, they're only available at ebay like sites going for twice the price... :(

I don't think I can wait too long to play The Last of Us Part 2, I might just play it on the PS4.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So, want to get a PS5 but them scalpers fucked everything up. You can't find a PS5 at any proper store, they're only available at ebay like sites going for twice the price... :(
Happens every new release. Bunch of guys buy 10, marks up the price, sells them on eBay. It's a good racket if you have a connection to get your hands on so many of them. Just be patient and the big box stores will get them in stock again.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Happens every new release. Bunch of guys buy 10, marks up the price, sells them on eBay. It's a good racket if you have a connection to get your hands on so many of them. Just be patient and the big box stores will get them in stock again.
So true. I'm just annoyed that I already closed the deal on selling my One X to someone I know so I will have no 4K goodness until this is sorted (probably around April).

Really wanted to play TLoU2 in 4K but I think I'll just play it on my PS4 already. They say this game performs really well on the regular PS4 (not having to render in 4k like the Pro seems to give you more stable frame rates) .