best PS4 games?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'm playing Ghost... It was a bit of a slow start but I'm definitely into it now!

Also, I just ordered Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (it comes with the PS5 version of the first Spiderman game). Damn that was expensive, but it was annoying having a PS5 and no PS5 games.

I want to get back to Hitman too... I had the first game lying around for ages and I really loved this franchise, so now that there is a Hitman 3 on PS5 (and everyone is praising it) it might be a good time to catch up. In Fact I heard that if you own Hitman 1 and 2, you can play them with PS5 graphics on Hitman 3! Not ready to dish out more moneys on games now, but soon.

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I'm playing Ghost... It was a bit of a slow start but I'm definitely into it now!

Also, I just ordered Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (it comes with the PS5 version of the first Spiderman game). Damn that was expensive, but it was annoying having a PS5 and no PS5 games.

I want to get back to Hitman too... I had the first game lying around for ages and I really loved this franchise, so now that there is a Hitman 3 on PS5 (and everyone is praising it) it might be a good time to catch up. In Fact I heard that if you own Hitman 1 and 2, you can play them with PS5 graphics on Hitman 3! Not ready to dish out more moneys on games now, but soon.
i wanted to try and hitman 3 and give them my 60 bucks but it looks boooooring.. kind of stuck rn gamewise. Nothing out/ coming out for a while that looks fun to me.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
i wanted to try and hitman 3 and give them my 60 bucks but it looks boooooring.. kind of stuck rn gamewise. Nothing out/ coming out for a while that looks fun to me.
Yeah, the game has a very specific niche. I used to love the franchise back in the day. But I'm not as patient anymore. I'll still give it a try at some point given how much I really liked it when I was younger. It's a good thing I already own Hitman 1 so I can make sure I still like this kind of game before committing to purchasing Hitman 3.

Playing the PS5 version of Spider-man now, damn, so many things impressing me. I'll still play Miles Morales once I'm finished with this, but feeling it will be too much of the same.

I still can't get over how fast the game loads...It's 1 second and this is no exaggeration, it's unbelievable!

Ghost started to get really repetitive now, not sure if I can keep up until I finish it. Stupid me for doing endless side quests instead of powering through the story quests, seems I never learn. Trying to avoid doing the same with Spidey,.

Loving my huge PS5 so far and can't wait for games to start putting the Dual Sense controller to good use. That little Astro's Playroom game that's meant to showcase the controller really gives you a sense of what can be done and it's really fucking awesome.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Yeah, the game has a very specific niche. I used to love the franchise back in the day. But I'm not as patient anymore. I'll still give it a try at some point given how much I really liked it when I was younger. It's a good thing I already own Hitman 1 so I can make sure I still like this kind of game before committing to purchasing Hitman 3.

Playing the PS5 version of Spider-man now, damn, so many things impressing me. I'll still play Miles Morales once I'm finished with this, but feeling it will be too much of the same.

I still can't get over how fast the game loads...It's 1 second and this is no exaggeration, it's unbelievable!

Ghost started to get really repetitive now, not sure if I can keep up until I finish it. Stupid me for doing endless side quests instead of powering through the story quests, seems I never learn. Trying to avoid doing the same with Spidey,.

Loving my huge PS5 so far and can't wait for games to start putting the Dual Sense controller to good use. That little Astro's Playroom game that's meant to showcase the controller really gives you a sense of what can be done and it's really fucking awesome.
I did the same with Ghost regarding side missions, and IMO every open world game suffers from the same repetition but in Ghost as you play through the story you get better combat techniques which keeps upping the level of fun. Towards the last half of the game it really ramps up.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
how the fk does the Switch still have so few games?!

it's embarassing

it's, what, three christmas seasons and we're all just supposed to be playing Zelda?

sweet delicious bag of sweet and delicious bag of pickles

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
i really tried to like this game..its beautiful, the story was engaging - but it was just too slow for me. wasnt very challenging either.

they need to get off their bums and come out GTA 6 already.
It's definitely slower-paced than GTA. I love it though

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
It's definitely slower-paced than GTA. I love it though
Ive never played a GTA yet but so many people say its great.

Was hyped on video games when all these ps4 games I hadnt played are 20 bucks.( RDR2 was 30 i think) Now that the new ones are 60+ and most of them suck - im like wtf do I do with this thing now. Its basically just a big white futuristic way to watch HBO Max at the moment.

Reactions: Ifallalot
Oct 28, 2020
Chicago
I don't know if you are a Role Play Game lover. This type of game is my favorite one because the gameplay is the most interactive one. Recently, I started to play Pathfinder game. You could try it. I watched some guides on youtube. That's why I decided to try playing this game. The only thing is that I don't like to calculate the skill points. But one of my friends advised me to use https://www.iosgeeksbuzz.com/. It's a great platform, that is helping you during the game. I think that you will enjoy this game on your PS4!

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I did the same with Ghost regarding side missions, and IMO every open world game suffers from the same repetition but in Ghost as you play through the story you get better combat techniques which keeps upping the level of fun. Towards the last half of the game it really ramps up.
I already unlocked all 4 stances and barely started the second island. I'm so bored.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Red Dead Redemption 2
Played it. pretty awesome. But can also get boring. And way too slow too... I mean, do we really need to watch the entire animation of him skinning an animal? It gets tiresome quick, you should at least be able to skip it.

They should launch Undead Nightmare... that was so fucking awesome when they launched this expansion for the first RDR. Zombies don't shoot you but they come in packs running and can only be stopped with headshots, that was good fun.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
anyone playing this new game Returnal? I dropped 70 bucks on it and its the hardest most frustrating thing Ive ever done in my life.

Timeloop bullshit where everytime you die you go back to the beginning no matter how far along you got. Arg. Shoulda done some research.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
anyone playing this new game Returnal? I dropped 70 bucks on it and its the hardest most frustrating thing Ive ever done in my life.

Timeloop bullshit where everytime you die you go back to the beginning no matter how far along you got. Arg. Shoulda done some research.
I heard that game can be off putting. It should reward you if you put on the effort though. Aren't you a surfer godammit!?

For now I just can't put down Hitman 3. Fucking masterpiece.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
I heard that game can be off putting. It should reward you if you put on the effort though. Aren't you a surfer godammit!?

For now I just can't put down Hitman 3. Fucking masterpiece.
dude, my patience with it is thin..i only play vids for like 30 minutes ata time. ill never get anywhere with this game with no saveing.

never tried a hitman.. maybe once it goes on sale.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
dude, my patience with it is thin..i only play vids for like 30 minutes ata time. ill never get anywhere with this game with no saveing.

never tried a hitman.. maybe once it goes on sale.
You can freely save on Hitman... but it does require some patience. I've been a fan of the series since the first game back in the 1800's, so it was easy for me to pick it up. The amount of freedom you get to go through each map is just staggering!

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
You can freely save on Hitman... but it does require some patience. I've been a fan of the series since the first game back in the 1800's, so it was easy for me to pick it up. The amount of freedom you get to go through each map is just staggering!
Just FYI, Hitman 1, 2 and 3 are all equally amazing.

When you get Hitman 1, and then you get hitman 2, you can download a free pack in order to play hitman 1 on Hitman 2 (along with the gameplay and graphical updates).

And then once you get Hitman 3 for the PS5, you can download a free pack to play Hitman 1 and 2 (in reality just Hitman 2, but you already added hitman 1 to it) on the 3 with PS5 graphics.

Also The Last of Us 2 just got a nit PS5 update to unlock playing it at 60fps, I'm about to jump back in it, another masterpiece.

Jul 4, 2020
I don't play my PS4 much, but Bloodborne, Persona 5 Royal, God of War, and Horizon Zero Dawn are all great. And I have heard good stuff about FF7 remake. Definitely recommend Persona 5 Royal if you are into JRPGs

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
God of War is the most favorite game for me because I haven't played PS4 for a long time now because I don't have time because of work. The only thing that attracts me is play to earn games that open up new possibilities. I am more than confident that the positive result of this pastime is not forced to wait and soon will be in my hands.
This is the weirdest forum bot I've ever seen.

On another note: Holy sh!t I'm addicted to Halo. I feel like a kid again and loving every second of it.