best PS4 games?

brukuns

Phil Edwards status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I don't see why you say that PS4 is overrated. Like, come on, you can play RDR2 with those stable 30 FPS on a platform that is like ten years old. Isn't it enough to understand the value of PlayStation? Also, for the same money spent on a Computer, you will not be able to launch even a proper browser!
I loved PCs when I was young. Hell, I still love them, but I have an issue. It bugs me to play a game not using its full potential. and with PC you can always set the quality a bit higher, there's always wiggle room no matter how insane your setup is... and new graphic cards every month keep the specs going up. (not to mention processors, memory, even the power source)

With consoles I'm relieved to know I'm playing the game as was intended by the developers even if I know PC games will always be a little more over the top.

So, want to get a PS5 but them scalpers fucked everything up. You can't find a PS5 at any proper store, they're only available at ebay like sites going for twice the price... :(

I don't think I can wait too long to play The Last of Us Part 2, I might just play it on the PS4.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So, want to get a PS5 but them scalpers fucked everything up. You can't find a PS5 at any proper store, they're only available at ebay like sites going for twice the price... :(
Happens every new release. Bunch of guys buy 10, marks up the price, sells them on eBay. It's a good racket if you have a connection to get your hands on so many of them. Just be patient and the big box stores will get them in stock again.

brukuns

Phil Edwards status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Happens every new release. Bunch of guys buy 10, marks up the price, sells them on eBay. It's a good racket if you have a connection to get your hands on so many of them. Just be patient and the big box stores will get them in stock again.
So true. I'm just annoyed that I already closed the deal on selling my One X to someone I know so I will have no 4K goodness until this is sorted (probably around April).

Really wanted to play TLoU2 in 4K but I think I'll just play it on my PS4 already. They say this game performs really well on the regular PS4 (not having to render in 4k like the Pro seems to give you more stable frame rates) .

Oct 28, 2020
Chicago
Well, I think everyone knows which is the best PlayStation 4 game available today on the market. If not, then I'll tell you, it is Cyberpunk2077. It is one of the best projects the games industry has ever seen, and the fact that it is real, you can touch it, you can play it, is awesome. It remembered me of those feelings I had when I played Half-life for the first time, or when I found out about labryinth Poe in WOW. If you are a gamer, it is mandatory for you to buy cyberpunk2077, I am sure you won't be disappointed with this game.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Saw a Keanu Reeves ad for Cyberpunk2077. Looks really cool. Beautiful visuals. But articles yesterday say it's blurry, buggy, and broken.

Reactions: CutnSnip

brukuns

Phil Edwards status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Saw a Keanu Reeves ad for Cyberpunk2077. Looks really cool. Beautiful visuals. But articles yesterday say it's blurry, buggy, and broken.
The game simply won't work if you are playing on a regular PS4 or Xbox. People are getting refunds.

If you play it on a 4k console or on a PC though they say it's an excellent RPG.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The game simply won't work if you are playing on a regular PS4 or Xbox. People are getting refunds.

If you play it on a 4k console or on a PC though they say it's an excellent RPG.
Good to know. That saves me some money and headache then. I'm on PS4.

Jan 14, 2020
  1. These ps4 games are known to be popular:

2. Red Dead 2
  3. Persona 5
  4. Witcher 3
  5. Dark Souls 3
  6. Sekiro
  7. Monster Hunter World
  8. Nioh 2
  9. God of War
  10. Spider-Man
  11. Hitman 2

MrSteve

Nep status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Apparently the PS5 is plagued by some error code that crashes the games shortly after loading.

1608166779992.png
got a tip from a buddy and locked down a ps5 thru bestbuy this a.m. about an hour of refreshing their broke ass website but finally got through and will have one of these things on Sunday.

Now who wants to buy it for a G? :ROFLMAO:

stringcheese

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 21, 2017

Word of warning, not all "4k" games are created equal. "Upscaling" if done poorly (rdr2) results in games that look worse in higher definition than they do in lower. Not every game is gran turismo sport.
In case anyone was thinking about getting a 4k TV for games, like I did.

brukuns

Phil Edwards status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Word of warning, not all "4k" games are created equal. "Upscaling" if done poorly (rdr2) results in games that look worse in higher definition than they do in lower. Not every game is gran turismo sport.
In case anyone was thinking about getting a 4k TV for games, like I did.
Absolutely. About RDR2, I think that's an issue with the PS4 Pro. My Xbox One X plays it in true 4k and it looks stunning (It seems there's a huge difference in how they look on the Pro versus the X). The PS4 Pro doesn't even do true 4K. I think it does 1440 and upscales it. The One X at best will downscale dynamically if needed to keep up with the frame rate. (you're talking to a tech geek here. hahaha)

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 21, 2017
Absolutely. About RDR2, I think that's an issue with the PS4 Pro. My Xbox One X plays it in true 4k and it looks stunning (It seems there's a huge difference in how they look on the Pro versus the X). The PS4 Pro doesn't even do true 4K. I think it does 1440 and upscales it. The One X at best will downscale dynamically if needed to keep up with the frame rate. (you're talking to a tech geek here. hahaha)
I learned that after buying both the ps4 pro and a "4k" tv....turns out neither of them are what they say they are :LOL: competing @ss-cover algorithms displaying a blurry, foggy, mess.

• Haha
Reactions: r32
Dec 3, 2020
More than all other games, I like to play Hitman most of all because in this story you want to find, the graphics are amazing, the characters are thought out to the smallest detail. In addition to this game, I often play a League for which I use rocket league trading and this is really good, because nowhere else can you find such nice prices and favorable offers. On self isolation this tool is the most useful I think and will be really useful to many because this game is beginning to gain popularity and soon the whole world will know about it

Last edited: