best place learn tuberiding?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Am I correct in assuming one could take a moderately luxurious surf/culture/sightseeing trip to Moroco with the wife for not much money? other than the flight of course

Reactions: santacruzin

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah a trip like that would check a lot of boxes for both of us.
my dad once did a short term contract job as a bodyguard for the prince of Morocco. Mr Prince didn’t trust his own people, so he kept up a steady rotation of hired guns coming right off the planes from Nam.
They paid him 35k for a single month. In 1970 that was cheddar. He missed his sisters wedding though because he couldn’t break a contract like that to make it to her wedding, which alas was a spontaneous wedding and my dad couldn’t make it. They literally didn’t speak more than a couple times in the rest of my fathers decades on earth. She called me when he died (after I tracked her down on linked in of all places) and actually handled herself graciously and didn’t pretend like there was some relationship or anything. But her condolences were sincere. Ok thanks for the free travel advice and therapy

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I loved Morocco when I was there. Never saw the ocean though, was too busy smoking hash in the mountains with Berber carpet makers. I hear the king surfs and will surf with people in front of his palace. But that may be all bullish!at.

Reactions: keenfish and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
And at least on my week there, everyone seemed to have made their own money. Actually wait there were two college kids (pretty respectful and mature overall and one of the kids rippped) from UPenn who were there with their moms. rented that entire villa and paid for a private boat every day. So yeah they trust funders

Reactions: $kully and keenfish

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
There is no blessing being a regularfoot as the majority of good barreling waves in the world are lefts.
In the context of tubes or epic waves I can see where you're coming from but most people don't grow up or live walking distance to Skeleton or G-Land or whatever West Oz wave is a day's drive up the desert.

But an absolute metric sh!t-ton regularly surf Santa Cruz, the South 805, NW Puerto Rico, Durban, Gold Coast, with other right-rich places like Morocco, El Salvador, Salina Cruz on offer.

Goofies have Northern Peru and the Bukit for spot density, both of them North LA-tier shitshows of humanity. You could be somewhere far less chaotic. Like a religious/ethnic civil war in Sub-Saharan Africa after a drought during an Ebola outbreak.

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Wow, round trip for 2 to Casablanca in February for only 90,000 total miles. This has to happen

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
the sandbar at Colorado's is very shallow, feels like concrete, and when there is any sort of size, like chest high or above (doesn't take much), it packs a serious punch. been a lot of guys badly injured there over the years

Reactions: santacruzin