Best Fullsuit?

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Would like to know the background of your comments, as they are in contrast to what I have heard about the manufacturing of their suits from people in the industry. What do you know about them, educate me so I am smarter about purchasing. I can only compare them to Matuse which I have been wearing for years, and for me there is very little difference in flex, warmth, etc. I have only been wearing the Need suit for about a month, so no idea on longevity and durability. I am curious what you know as actual facts about where they are manufactured and from what rubber?
I’m only a consumer with no affiliations. I only give my observations.
1. the suits say made in China on them. Most brands are made in the Sheico factory in Taiwan.
2. I’ve had the following needs Suits: 2 steamers, one spring suit and one long sleeve vest. My first suit (3/2 premium steamer) was just after they came onto the market A few years ago. I bought my last steamer one year ago (3/2 ultra premium or something like that).
3. they are very stretchy and nice for about 3 months of solid use, then they get overstretched and stay that way. Neck flushes through the chest zip become normal.
4. the seams start leaking like a sieve by the end of the first season. for comparison, i normally get an extra season out of wetsuit costing $100 more which is made by Sheico.

hope this is of some use.

Reactions: Lowqi2 and Bman76

Eimeo

OTF status
Oct 18, 2005
Encinitas
I’m only a consumer with no affiliations. I only give my observations.
1. the suits say made in China on them. Most brands are made in the Sheico factory in Taiwan.
2. I’ve had the following needs Suits: 2 steamers, one spring suit and one long sleeve vest. My first suit (3/2 premium steamer) was just after they came onto the market A few years ago. I bought my last steamer one year ago (3/2 ultra premium or something like that).
3. they are very stretchy and nice for about 3 months of solid use, then they get overstretched and stay that way. Neck flushes through the chest zip become normal.
4. the seams start leaking like a sieve by the end of the first season. for comparison, i normally get an extra season out of wetsuit costing $100 more which is made by Sheico.

hope this is of some use.
Goog to know, I am about 10 sessions in on my 4/3 chest zip. Will see how long it lasts!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
PSA- For any "NSDC hipsters" with Matuse suits:
While everyone will be spending more time inside, we want to take this opportunity to offer complimentary repairs on any Matuse wetsuit, no matter the age. Does your suit have a rip or tear? Broken Zipper? Knees Blown out? Ship it to us and we will repair it. ON THE HOUSE. We want to make sure that when this passes our community will all be able to get back into the water to pursue their passion with functionally superior gear.

Pretty cool. I'll be sending mine in for some loose stitching by the chest zip

Reactions: SharkBoy and Bman76

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I wish I still had my old 4/3 Matuse that fell apart years ago. I'd love them to repair it and actually make it warm.

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Just ordered an Xcel Infiniti LTD 4/3 with a matching hood. Have had my eye on this suit for a while, needed to find a decent discount to make it worthwhile. The new channel flex neoprene looks interesting, the "radiant rebound" liner as well. Hopefully it will be a good mix of warmth and stretch.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I just received a few sale items from Evo a couple weeks ago. Patagucci booties, and a top and booties from a new brand, IM. Gotta return the IM booties: way too big- like an inch oversized for 11. Top looks nice. 2mm with a side rear half zip. I find I need a zip to get the fit of these tops snug enough not to balloon up with water in a wipeout. PG booties fit a big snug but ok, although they do look a bit chunky with the cris-cross straps.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I don't feel like scrolling thru this thread, so sorry if this has been discussed. Does anyone have any opinion/knowledge on the differences between O'Neill's technobutter 2 vs technobutter 3?

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I don't feel like scrolling thru this thread, so sorry if this has been discussed. Does anyone have any opinion/knowledge on the differences between O'Neill's technobutter 2 vs technobutter 3?
I'm not completely sure what the differences are, but they both seem to be pretty flexible, and dry really quickly. I have a chest zip 4/3 pyscho one that is techno(2), great suit, and I just got a 5/4 hooded hyperfreak with the latest techno. Obviously its a 5/4, but its super flexible, so I don't really notice it being harder to paddle, it makes bay area spring (cold water) feel like a hot tub, so warm!!

Reactions: sushipop

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
From my experience. Techo 2 is super flexible, dries quickly, and is light.

Techno 3 is more flexible (crazy flexible) slightly less warm, dries quickly and may be lighter.

Haven't had techno 3 long enough to comment on durability.

Reactions: sushipop