Best Fullsuit?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wow. that is their top-of-the-line suit? 3/2? Chest-zip or zipperless?

I've been using my Vissla 4/3 lately, and after surfing a couple days in row, reminded the difference a zipper makes in how sore my shoulders get. I miss the freedom (and comfiness) of the RC Flashbomb zipperless. Once you've paddled with one, it's honestly hard to go back to a chest-zip. My next 3/2 will definitely be zipperless- either rip curl or vissla.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
havoc went big. I didn't think there was the newest techno blibber on the hypertherapy suit.

the newest stuff has to be the most flexible material ever, just not quite as warm.

I sent two old suits back to oneil for repair so we'll see how that goes.

Reactions: oeste858

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Had a 4h session in the new need essentials 6/4.5 in water in the mid to low 40s. Very very warm, but definitely not as flexible as my 1 year old drylock. Hoping the suit will loosen up in time

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Wow. that is their top-of-the-line suit? 3/2? Chest-zip or zipperless?

I've been using my Vissla 4/3 lately, and after surfing a couple days in row, reminded the difference a zipper makes in how sore my shoulders get. I miss the freedom (and comfiness) of the RC Flashbomb zipperless. Once you've paddled with one, it's honestly hard to go back to a chest-zip. My next 3/2 will definitely be zipperless- either rip curl or vissla.
this one

but its 479.99 in stores

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
That was at Surf Expo a week or so ago. First time shown. Not much chatter about them though.
their softgoods are all over the place size wise. T-shirts with the waist down to the quads and others perfect. I have a lot of their stuff regardless being a Pro customer. Look forward to checking the suits out. thanks

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Yeah it seems kind of dumb. I like Da Kine stuff, backpacks and boardbags and whatnot but that doesn't make me want to buy a wetsuit from them.

Also they bought Xcel which were much better suits than Billabong but then they really didn't take any cues from the Xcel designs to make the Billabong suits any better. The Bong suits have gotten better recently, better rubber and liners at least- I'm actually using one currently, but they would be better if they incorporated the Xcel chest zip and hood design.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Billabong doesn't even own itself. Purchased awhile back....

DaKine is more than Surf and has a large Windsport component to its business. Many of those people in those sports are widely sponsored by DK with no wetsuit sponsors.

RVCA riders do wear RVCA suits made by Buell. I am going to find out more about the DK suits as far as who's making them.

Reactions: YeahNo and Aruka

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Boardriders Inc owns Billabong, Quik, Roxy, DC, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Xcel.

Marquee Brands owns BCBGMaxazaria, BCBGeneration, Ben Sherman, Body Glove, Brunomagli, Dakine, Emeril Lagasee, Martha Stewart, Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod Maternity.

Dakine is no longer core bros.