Best Fullsuit?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Anyone have a solution to taped seams cracking?
Quit buying suits with shitty stitching.

Taping is just a way for a wetsuit company to use an unreliable stitch. That's why it needs tape. Then the tape cracks. And it always cracks. And then your suit leaks.

Buy a quality suit with good stitching. Good stitching means no tape needed.

Last edited:

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
Question on the Cyber suits:
How much smoothie do you guys get? Is it just on the chest and back or do you get smoothie on the arms and lower back? Reason I ask is because the smoothie always seems to crack (eventually) and its a pain in the ass to replace or fix. If im thinking long term with a suit I was hoping to get some insight as to how it holds on these suits.
Thank you.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Chest and back for a 3/2.

Include arms, shoulders, and calves for the 4/3.

But you do not need more than a 3/2 if you're only surfing round here.

The Cyber smoothie is better than the big brand stuff.

Of course, you have to rinse your suits well.

And do not put your nails into when taking it on/off. You don;t have to worry about it with the 3/2 but be careful when taking the 4/3 on and off. From what I understand this goes for any suit that has more than the standard smoothie.

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
Question on the Cyber suits:
How much smoothie do you guys get? Is it just on the chest and back or do you get smoothie on the arms and lower back? Reason I ask is because the smoothie always seems to crack (eventually) and its a pain in the ass to replace or fix. If im thinking long term with a suit I was hoping to get some insight as to how it holds on these suits.
Thank you.

IDK, I've never had the smoothie crack and most of my suits last me two or three seasons at least. I always make sure to never leave my suits folded in a way to where the smoothie gets creases. This drives me nuts. I try to get as much of the chest and back surface with smoothie as possible as I like it for those offshore chilly mornings. My new Vissla 7 seas has large smoothie panels, chest and back and I'm looking forward to trying the suit once the water dips below 65.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I gotta say in the last week my billabong furnace comp has been my warmest suit in the rotation, followed by the hotline reflex 2.0, with the buell being the most comfortabe/flexible, but also the coldest

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Have a furnace comp - comfy, good suit - but leaks pretty bad on butt/crotch. I have no idea why this has started happening to my suits. I change in a shower and take good care of all of them. No visible gaps/issues with seams. I'm genuinely confused as its been my last 4-5 suits and have never had this issue prior (these suits included xcels, billabongs and need). Have some suits for this winter but will go back to a real japanese suit for next winter. Have had a bunch of airtight suits and a few cybers - they're worth it.

Reactions: jkb

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Tore a hole in my tekblub mutant suit the other day. Was rushing and hadn't worn the suit since spring. Put my foot thru the leg and felt my finger tear it as i pulled it up. Believe it's still under warranty so I'm gonna send it in to see what mystical process they use to repair it.

Jan 18, 2014
The billabong is very comfy. Xcels choke my neck and a little tight in the shoulders. I guess I have long limbs too because the Xcels always seemed to short in the legs and arms. Not a big deal until you're wearing booties and gloves.

Reactions: nowayout
Aug 29, 2019
Just wondering from Feral owners, how does the upper suit last without seam taping? Does it matter, are you getting leaks eventually? Or are they fine and even more flexible in the shoulders?

For the record, my Carapace/7till8 and Isurus suits seem to be both durable and work great, my go to suits in rotation at the moment. Can't go wrong if you have the money, unless they don't fit.

Thanks.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
lot's of vissla's aruond here. What's funny is my buddy just got one and we were talking to another guy about it. "ah those things suck, barely last six months"!

Reactions: brycor564