Best Fullsuit?

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Couple years ago, Eunice sold me a wetsuit he made himself. Smelled like lotion at first but then developed a weird odor after a few uses. The hood was cool, made me look like I had a different hairstyle, which was fun. Really comfy suit, felt like a “second skin.” Held up well, but I kept getting chased by coyotes on the walk to trestles and they eventually ripped it from my hands on the way back after an evening surf.

Reactions: Chocki

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
xcels don't last long. If you even think about pissing in them the tape starts falling apart.

Body glove not worth the money even at cost.

Have a new rip curl 4/3 Im saving for when its actually cold.

Need to start a new thread "Best fullsuit for dumping beachbreak"
I like my 4/3 pr1me and 2mm short sleeve pr1me but must admit I replaced with 3mm hyperfreak full and thinking of replacing 2mm with hyperfreak as well. Super flexible suit but no smoothie so cold winds blow right in but keeps you moving.

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
max warmth?

what have u dus been oozing?

my 1.5 season drylock is tearing with light use not happee
I have a Dry Lock I bought in 2015 and still looks new. Not as tight at when I first got it but still keeps me warm and no holes.

Bought a Vissla to try out this season, we'll see how they go. Great price for a suit with sealed seams.

Aug 23, 2016
I have an Isurus 3mil that is going on year 6! Still as flexible and warm, but just starting to get a little "sunburn" on the shoulders. $500, so thats about $83 a year! Just bought another.....Good sh!t!

Mar 13, 2019
I have an Isurus 3mil that is going on year 6! Still as flexible and warm, but just starting to get a little "sunburn" on the shoulders. $500, so thats about $83 a year! Just bought another.....Good sh!t!
How many days a year do you surf (on average)?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
They repair stuff not covered under warranty for free?

Either way, you're looking at a 10 - 30 business day turnaround time.

Out of the water for up to 6 weeks in winter? I'd prefer not.
Oftentimes yes they do. And I don't think I've ever had a warranty claim take nearly 30 days.

You seem to be searching for things to complain about. Is there another suit mfg that has a different process that you prefer? Do you really not have a back up suit you can wear (even if it's slightly less warm)?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
what are you getting at? What if your suit gets a tear?
AquaSeal at home, back in the water the next day.

Something complicated, a real repair can be done in under a week.

I'm asking because the Technobutter I saw didn't look like it could be repaired all that easy (i.e. AquaSeal) and was morel ike something you'd have to send out to O'Neill. The 2 mil shortarm full Technoblub was less like neoprene and more like woven jersey, and pieces of the weave were popping out of some of the brand new suits on the rack.

Overall, the stuff didn't look durable.

This deterred me from purchasing the suit.

Not something to get offended over.:rolleyes:

Last edited: