Best Fullsuit?

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Can you try on Feral suits anywhere in SD/So Cal?
I think Mollusk is the only retailer that carries them. They do 30 day returns on unused suits for sizing. I ordered my usual size from Feral and it was a little snug at first, but perfect after a couple surfs. Based on suits from other brands, the arm and leg length is shorter than o'neill, longer than the only rip curl I've owned, and about the same as xcel at the same size

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Based on suits from other brands, the arm and leg length is shorter than o'neill, longer than the only rip curl I've owned, and about the same as xcel at the same size
Question for guys who've tried a bunch of brands - does O'Neill tend to have the longest arm/leg fit in general? In the past that's what I'd found, and it's the reason I've been wearing them pretty much exclusively for years. Any others that are optimized for us talls?

Reactions: Havoc

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Question for guys who've tried a bunch of brands - does O'Neill tend to have the longest arm/leg fit in general? In the past that's what I'd found, and it's the reason I've been wearing them pretty much exclusively for years. Any others that are optimized for us talls?
seems to be, MT O'Neill is longer in the limbs and less narrow in the shoulders than Xcel, Ripcurl.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Stupid question, but I've only had one 4/3 and felt like it was too small...
Do you guys actually size up from 3/2 to 4/3??
Would I go from LT to XLT?
I'd be looking to replace my Vissla North Seas 4/3. It's insane to me that they have smoothie on the whole chest-shoulder-neck area. Within the first 3 surfs, it had several fingernail cuts. How the F- are you supposed to get in and out of a Chest zip without grabbing/ pulling on it, especially with such a snug fit? I see this year's model has the smoothie on the chest and back only, but not on the chest zip flap and shoulders- much more practical!

Last edited:
Reactions: retodd

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I have a Needs Essential XLT. Supposed to go 6'5" I think. Probably work for someone 6'6" or 6'7". Plenry long for me at 6'4"

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
they better be good, Dakine has been a good quality brand for me as far as gear goes.
Their goods are quality and wetsuit jackets are nice. I have a few and happy with them.

Seems idiotic to say they won't be good based on another companies efforts but knowing who that is spewed from makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc