Best foil for you.

Sep 16, 2017
I had the 170 HA since the beginning of summer and loved it! My original one cracked like a lot others but it was replaced with the newer version and I've had it for a few months with no cracks. All around super fun crazy for pumping and you can turn it once you figure out how.

I just got the 120 though and it is 10x better in every way! So fast and easy to pump while also being able to really turn and hit the white water.

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Had the 200V2 in the water the last few days with different stabs.

Naturally, the 25HA stab is fast and turns on a dime. Pumping it is all about technique (which I lack) I can link a double but its the same old surf wing story: must exit fast and keep that foil moving.

40surf adds a ton more stability to the pump, but at the cost of speed. Maybe added a bit of curve to my turns, but after a year of HA swooping its really fun to zig zag.

Overall 200 Surf V2 is a really fun wing, easily a daily driver and a great choice for a single foil quiver.

Does it replace a HA wing? It could, but a 200HA is probably in my future.

Reactions: ghostshaper
Aug 23, 2020
Get the ha170 instead. Supposed to be better than the ha200.
In spite of hearing guys rave reviews, seeing the speed/glide on the Lift 170HA.... I went ahead and ordered myself a 200HA a few days ago. Realistically- I'm closer to a clydesdale than a quarterhorse- At 205lbs dry on land, I've got probably minimum 25 lbs on most riding it. I am buying it w/ one goal in mind- looking for the cheat code- time pumping/multiple connections rather than very unreliable, sporadic 2:1s to get my technique dialed. Perhaps if I get consistent, proficient, I'll go with a smaller surfier whatever the next "it" HA wing is. Now there is Lift 120HA froth.... LoL, are you kidding me with that micro-wing?

On another note........ I tried an Axis 810 and was blown away at how freaking fun a wing it is. Fast. Turns a dream. I haven't been on heaps of wings but... was the most like shortboard surfing I've felt on a foil. This $#!* is killing me.

Last edited:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I rode the Unifoil 210 today. Turns out I still know how to foil! My arms are so sore from paddling though. And after an hour I was tired enough to just call it a day. Gotta build my stamina back up for sure.

Made every 2-1 I went for though so that was good. The 210 is a lot of wing to bring UP on the pump when you slow down. It also didn't help I was watching a guy on a lift ha120 going super fast pumping all over the lineup :) I was glad to be slowed down, but I will not be buying a 210. To big.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
I rode the Unifoil 210 today. Turns out I still know how to foil! My arms are so sore from paddling though. And after an hour I was tired enough to just call it a day. Gotta build my stamina back up for sure.

Made every 2-1 I went for though so that was good. The 210 is a lot of wing to bring UP on the pump when you slow down. It also didn't help I was watching a guy on a lift ha120 going super fast pumping all over the lineup :) I was glad to be slowed down, but I will not be buying a 210. To big.
lift 120 looks like a great setup !!

Sep 16, 2017
Anybody can give a review between Unifoil 170 to Lift HA 170 ?

Any review of the Lift 120 ?
From my experience lift gear is just way more solid than unifoil.

I rode the 170HA for a while and it is super fast and pumps insane! Turning it like most high aspects feels like you're turning a longboard and it isn't really capable of doing super hard turns or safely hitting the whitewater. But super fun to just do long cutbacks and turn and then pump all the way back to the peak and do it again!

I recently got on the 120 and you can feel how aerodynamic and little drag it has when you're paddling and it is so small it seems like no way it's gonna work. But I instantly got used to it and I can turn it like a surf wing, hit the whitewater, and pump crazy good! It is so much faster than any other wing and you can definitely tell when someone is riding it. I've been riding it in 1-4ft waves and stopped riding all my other foils. I'm 150lbs but I have friends up to 200lbs who are loving the 120

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
Henryf,
How is the stall characteristic on the 120 in regards to takeoff on smaller weaker waves?
it sound like it’s the holy grail foil at the moment for lighter guys, genuine surf performance and crazy pumps!!!

my super thin gong veloce wing stalled like crazy in really small weak waves or slack takeoffs so I’m still a touch hesitant on the 120 from that angle.

Mar 22, 2020
From my experience lift gear is just way more solid than unifoil.

I rode the 170HA for a while and it is super fast and pumps insane! Turning it like most high aspects feels like you're turning a longboard and it isn't really capable of doing super hard turns or safely hitting the whitewater. But super fun to just do long cutbacks and turn and then pump all the way back to the peak and do it again!

I recently got on the 120 and you can feel how aerodynamic and little drag it has when you're paddling and it is so small it seems like no way it's gonna work. But I instantly got used to it and I can turn it like a surf wing, hit the whitewater, and pump crazy good! It is so much faster than any other wing and you can definitely tell when someone is riding it. I've been riding it in 1-4ft waves and stopped riding all my other foils. I'm 150lbs but I have friends up to 200lbs who are loving the 120
Interesting, what mast size are you using, I wish there is a 29.5", so I have to decide between 28 or 36.

Reactions: sozzle
Sep 16, 2017
Henryf,
How is the stall characteristic on the 120 in regards to takeoff on smaller weaker waves?
it sound like it’s the holy grail foil at the moment for lighter guys, genuine surf performance and crazy pumps!!!

my super thin gong veloce wing stalled like crazy in really small weak waves or slack takeoffs so I’m still a touch hesitant on the 120 from that angle.
It doesn't stall like my old surf wings would.. I can just popup on a tiny gutless wave and pull out and start pumping with minimal speed. If you're pumping and you lose all your speed or run out of gas you can definitely stall but it honestly barely ever happens because you just keep going super fast! On Oahu a lot of people are switching to the 120 from the 170.. I'm trying to sell my 170 now before everyone else does haha.

Interesting, what mast size are you using, I wish there is a 29.5", so I have to decide between 28 or 36.
28 for sure! I've only seen the 32"+ masts used for some downdwinding and towing

this is a clip from the second day I rode the 120, was still getting used to the speed!
http://instagr.am/p/CMtXHRzjMdT/
and another from the other day after getting a little more used to it

http://instagr.am/p/CNTYootllQ9/

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Rode a lift ha170 today with a custom mast 81cm. If I didn't already sell all my old gear. I would be in the process of selling it all to buy a lift ha170. The guy that was on the ha120 was blowing my mind.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
Rode a lift ha170 today with a custom mast 81cm. If I didn't already sell all my old gear. I would be in the process of selling it all to buy a lift ha170. The guy that was on the ha120 was blowing my mind.
Kenny is fully ripping on the 120, looks like he’s riding an hpsb in some of his clips!