Best foil for you.

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Grendel did you buy the docs gear off him?
Haha yup!

Tried the Albatross 175 today and I think I finally found the wing I've been looking for. Tons of glide, predictable lift on takeoff and quick pumping. Waves were pretty small and backing off, but got a few long rides and linked a 2 for 1. Shoulda had more but pretty surfed out from the last couple days.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Cool to see how interchangeable their stuff is. Glad I bought into their system. I had my third session on the 900. It feels really good once up and riding. Starting to get my pump game down. Almost got my first 2 for 1, but bogged Turning before the second one and it passed me. Almost at 20 sessions now. Hopefully this starts to click soon.

Aug 14, 2019
Australia
Cool to see how interchangeable their stuff is. Glad I bought into their system. I had my third session on the 900. It feels really good once up and riding. Starting to get my pump game down. Almost got my first 2 for 1, but bogged Turning before the second one and it passed me. Almost at 20 sessions now. Hopefully this starts to click soon.
I've been on my 900 for about 3 months now, pumps back out are getting easier each session - I just have to start with plenty of speed.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
They are the smartest manufacturer out there I think.
They started right, with the modular thing.....they saw what was coming with the shorter fuses etc.
I’ve been foiling with a guy who gets prototypes cnc cut from Axis and laminates them at home. Mostly HA downwind wings......more good things are coming.

Aug 14, 2019
Australia
I've been on my 900 for about 3 months now, pumps back out are getting easier each session - I just have to start with plenty of speed.
Was going to start chopping down my 440 stab but chickened out & bought a 370, it will be interesting to see how / if it effects the pump.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
does Axis use zinc anodes anywhere on their setup?
Don’t think so, they are anodised I think.

I would imagine that periodic immersion would not be to demanding on it and rinsing would keep the setup healthy..

i had a couple of much less flashy alu setups, they never rotted on me.

Reactions: steamroller

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Repaired my MFC mast and tested it with the 1400 wing, rock solid so far. With direction from MFC and Youtube repair was done with hi quality epoxy resin and chopped up CF.

http://instagr.am/p/B56sIgdnuIa/
After almost a month off the equipment it was surprising how twitchy the MFC mast is compared to the Signature equipment. One thing I did miss was the positive lift of the lower aspect wing, the 1400 needs very little behind it to get you up on foil.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
is that the repair from the rock strike a while back?

are you gonna keep the mfc or just ride the sig gear?

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Yeah, the damage was the result of the rock strike and probably using the wrong hardware (too short) to connect the fuse to the mast.

I'm just gonna sell the 1400 wing and keep the rest of the MFC setup. The 1250 wing performs just as well as the 1400 at my weight, pumps a little better but not as well as I thought it would.

Supposedly, per the progression project podcast with Pio from MFC, we won't see any new "surf" foils from MFC till next winter.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Anyone have a line on a used prone board? I think I lined up a foil for my brother to learn on. Preferably below $400.

juandesooka

OTF status
Jan 12, 2009
There's 3 under 400 here on Maui, lemme know if you need an assist with purchase and shipping.
that's a nice offer Kaser, as I bought a gofoil off kauai and the shipping situation ended up pretty wacky. Another buddy is buying a gofoil package from Maui, but has an in law to help out. Hawaii has lots of foils, but also a lot of water between there and the Mainland.

Reactions: Kaser1