Best Flip Flops?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
On Flip Flops Ive used most all of the top tier ones. Working in Baja 7 months a year and wearing them basically whenever I wasnt in the water or sleeping.

I went thru Reefs the fastest, Olukai lifeguard models lasted best and Rainbow let me down with needing to warranty a pair. I ended up giving Scott/Hawaii a go and they have been very durable up to this point. Will be getting another pair since they have held up the best.

Reactions: MathDebater

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
The Scott's look good but man they are super wide. Look like they're foot model was Fred Flintstone.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Are those your formal sandals?
Yeah maybe... but general rule is that any formal sandal should be full leather. :cool:

These Cushion Lux have been in the quiver for awhile now and look nice, though they aren't full leather. :geek:

It's funny the evolution of sandals, depending on the style, they could start as a pair I'd never get wet / dirty, but eventually they all become beaters. On the other hand my wife wears her $80 leather pair to the beach and the $30 rubber pair out to dinner. :ROFLMAO:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My go to. Definitely going to be well received here. They’ve got flip flop mode and 4x4. Good grip wet or dry and made in America. I used to be big into minimalist running, not so much anymore but these are still my first choice for every day sandals. There’s thick contoured ones if you have more sensitive feet, but they lack flip flop mode.
I ended up getting the more heavy duty version and I dig them. More minimalist feeling than Chaco's and easier on/off. Better grip on wet rocks. Cheers for bringing this company to my attention.

My GF wants a pair now. Matching sandals, how cute is that? Excuse me while I jump off a bridge.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
My dawg! Glad you dig them. I actually saw a lot of people in them in Portland, go figure.

I got my now wife a pair many years ago for a backpacking vacation in Europe and that’s about the only time she’s ever used them. Maybe you’ll luck out.

Reactions: Aruka

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I forget the brand but mine has a bottle opener on the bottom of the right foot. I think it's the right foot. I wish it were more useful.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
You don't like putting something into your mouth you opened with something that you walked through crap with?

I forget the brand but mine has a bottle opener on the bottom of the right foot. I think it's the right foot. I wish it were more useful.

• Haha

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
My trusty Freewaters are finally toast after a few years and I can’t find the the same model. After all the positive ride reports, Im thinking about YOLO of some high-arch Olukais. Dammit, I’m worth it.
So, Ohana or Ulele?

Last edited:
  • Haha