Best crowd killer performance board

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
It's terrible when younger guys go surfing to have fun. They should totally be trying to get on the CT on low volume HPSB shortboards always. There is no other way.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Where I live the antics of Knost and grizzled dial of Tudor haven't sparked the interest of the youngsters like Torren has with all his video outputs over recent years.
Talking about young guys here not the middle aged and older guys.
Can clearly see the change in what young guys are choosing to ride at places like Noosa (local to me). Channel bottom twins are everywhere and your wave is now their wave.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Where I live the antics of Knost and grizzled dial of Tudor haven't sparked the interest of the youngsters like Torren has with all his video outputs over recent years.
Talking about young guys here not the middle aged and older guys.
Can clearly see the change in what young guys are choosing to ride at places like Noosa (local to me). Channel bottom twins are everywhere and your wave is now their wave.
Here Mikey February and CI pin twin has influenced both the young and ole and see them up and down coast all spots between :bricks:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sold this board not too long ago. Where previously a middle aged guy looking for more paddle power would have turned up to buy it a young, lightweight guy in his early twenties rolled up. At 7'2" x 21&3/4" x 3" there's no way this would have sold to a youngster around here before Torren popularised longer twins.IMG_20220308_135145.jpg

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Sold this board not too long ago. Where previously a middle aged guy looking for more paddle power would have turned up to buy it a young, lightweight guy in his early twenties rolled up. At 7'2" x 21&3/4" x 3" there's no way this would have sold to a youngster around here before Torren popularised longer twins.View attachment 130782
Must've been that yellow tint :cheers:

Reactions: Retropete

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Here Mikey February and CI pin twin has influenced both the young and ole and see them up and down coast all spots between :bricks:
See plenty of them for sale in shorter lengths. The young guys buy them as well but obviously find them no better at snagging waves than their hpsb so go for the mid twins after that.
Little knee high (maybe thigh high at a stretch) beachbreak tiddlers on offer this morning. Took the carbon DVS fish from the last page for a grovel purely to see what it paddled like.
Damn thing paddles like a torpedo through the water. Had the much maligned S-wings in the front plugs and a small pair of fcs bonzer runners in the rear plugs. Caught the micro waves super easily. Did feel a bit stiff and it is obviously a high volume/surface area board so after several waves took out the bonzer runners and popped them into my boardshorts pocket (yes, it's winter here).
The difference was amazing. Board had instant speed and I could turn it really easily. The red S-wings just flat out work great in longer fish in smaller waves.IMG_20220603_102330_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour