Best crowd killer performance board

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Lift , Plane and Release are the principles in every aspect in surfboard design
Boxes 1 & 2: Tick.
Box 3: (release). The bonzer runners felt a bit tight despite the waves being 4' and with decent curve and long walls to work on. Was initially going to put a trailer fin in the thruster plugs but curiousity got the better of me and went for the bonzers.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Positioning is the best crowd killer. Something some guys will never get no matter what board they are on.
Wait, let me guess, you position yourself closer to the breaking part of the wave. That’s some clever-ass tacticosizing, but no amount of positioning will make ya paddle faster, killa.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Not really. No amount of positioning is going to help you out paddle a longboarder who can surf well.
depends on the wave. one wave i recently surfed rolled then pitched. all the dongboarders got hung up and couldn't get in while the shortboarers hung right on the edge bet roll and pitch and snagged every set.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Wait, let me guess, you position yourself closer to the breaking part of the wave. That’s some clever-ass tacticosizing, but no amount of positioning will make ya paddle faster, killa.
I'm saying a lot of people don't position themselves in a way to give them the best chance no matter what they are on. Their wave count would double if they did. They paddle as hard as they want but if their off the shoulder, too deep, whatever... they will always be at a disadvantage if everything else is equal. Its not rocket science, but some guys struggle with it. Either from lack of experience or not wanting to keep the effort up to stay in the right spot. I'm not a great paddler, but will take waves from people with only a few strokes while they are paddling their hearts out off the shoulder. With crowded lineups its critical.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Let’s be real, that super inshape active duu coyly backpedaling and snaking everyone gets the most waves.

cucks sit and wait their turn.

dont be a beta. alphas get waves regardless of watercraft, initial position or firs-to-popup factors.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I'm saying a lot of people don't position themselves in a way to give them the best chance no matter what they are on. Their wave count would double if they did. They paddle as hard as they want but if their off the shoulder, too deep, whatever... they will always be at a disadvantage if everything else is equal. Its not rocket science, but some guys struggle with it. Either from lack of experience or not wanting to keep the effort up to stay in the right spot.
I’m only half serious about being so competitive. It’s always felt too self-important and kind of creepy when people in the lineup always “keep the effort up”, as you say. Unless it’s really crowded and you can’t even really keep track of individuals, I’ll intentionally defer positioning if I’m getting a fair share. On the other hand, if I’m the first back out after a set there’s no competition.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
If we are all sharing waves, I will give sets away as captain goodvibes... when the 30yr old paddles out on his motr 7'6" and starts hassling for every set wave it turns into NSSA circa 1991 real quick. Usually surf with a couple pals and we will block and burn if you want it to go that way, but really we all want to have a good time and be pals. I am not above hooting a friend into the first wave of the set to be in position for the better 2nd and 3rd...That said a few of my older pals have transitioned up to crowd killing boards and with every liter of volume they have increased so has their greediness for every damn set wave....

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Crowd kill’n aside, having surfed it a few time I have to admit the MID6 is age appropriate having turned 60. My pop-up has been fading the last few years and it’s a complete nonissue with this larger board, and yet you can still surf it like a shortboard.
I was just reading a post on a long-board forum (which has a mid length thread going on it.) and the posters were discussing whether a longboard with106 litres would have enough foam?
Oi vey!

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I was just reading a post on a long-board forum (which has a mid length thread going on it.) and the posters were discussing whether a longboard with106 litres would have enough foam?
Oi vey!
You sure it wasn’t a SUP forum? The 7’ MID6 has 40, which is the least I’ve seen in any Middie that size, and I’ve looked at many designs and constructions.

Reactions: Aruka

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Crowd kill’n aside, having surfed it a few time I have to admit the MID6 is age appropriate having turned 60. My pop-up has been fading the last few years and it’s a complete nonissue with this larger board, and yet you can still surf it like a shortboard.
Bro, if you are 60, DGAF what any of us say. You ride whatever you want. We've all got our self-righteous opinions, but I'd bet half the keyboar warriors (LOL) on here won't still be surfing at 60. F- um.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Next someone will boast about Jedi mind tricks.

“This is not the wave you’re looking for.” o_O
that can be filed under “working the crowd” ya sell em on a sh!t wave so you get a good one after they scratch for that One. See pros doing it in heats as well.
an aggressive Jedi move is paddling right across someone’s bow/line as you take off to Block em.