Best crowd killer performance board

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Is that jwf personal board?
I have a feeling no because seller does not seem very familiar with Stretch boards and technology plus he needs/ordering bigger one seems strange if its him. I guess board is from SD and so is jwf but on stretch site other board :shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: toowalled

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Say you're looking for an edge at a crowded spot, or maybe got an injury and don't want to work too hard paddling and wave catching while you recover, or you're getting older, or maybe just occasionally feeling kinda lazy and just want to have a fun surf. So it's a balance between ease of use between waves and performance while on waves. Probably don't need to go full mid-length, right? Maybe around 6'8 and 40L tops for the average dude or dudess?

Lots of options but what's the best, in your opinion?
Are you far from Swarmis? That seems a good place to observe the weaponry required to win in the arms race.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@cstreet depends what else you typically ride. I’ve gone deep down the fish/twin (and now the stupid trendy album) rabbit hole the last few years, and I’ve been loving the 6’4 eggy plasmic and 6’7 Townsend for crowd killing the last 3 months. The chunkier Plasmic for worse waves, the more foiled Townsend for better waves. May not be your/others’ cup of tea, but I wish I had gotten these 18 months ago to ease the frustration of the Covid kook crowd epidemic.

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I've been riding something like this a lot the past year and a half. I'm on a 6'4 and I'm 6'1 and 200 pounds. 52 yo.

They’ve got a great copyrighter.
A magic Unicorn that glides and paddles like the longer boards, but more maneuverable and easier to travel with, like the smaller boards. The PARTY CRASHER exists to do just that: Crash any spot and shark around the line up like an un-wanted guest, feasting on typical surf like an open bar or free buffet.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Get a smallish egg. Smallish in terms of how most people order that type of shape. 2-4 inches longer than you are tall, wider than you think it should be, lots of curve in the outline and the fin system of your choice. Done. Malcolm's eggs are super refined. He was making eggs before most shapers out there were a gleam in daddies eye. If you have 805 credentials, (being a previous customer helps) you can order one as a twin, a bonzer, or a thruster. He's laid up right now with multiple arm injuries, but hopefully he's able bodied again soon. My partner Spencer Kellogg makes a beautiful little egg. You can order either one out of Ventura Surf Shop or go direct to the shapers. There may even be some stock ones in VSS. Day before yesterday there were a number of freshies in my shop waiting for a ride to VSS. One was indeed a clean looking little Spence eggish thing. I didn't pay attention to the dims. It was probably smaller than you want and could have been a custom. Worth a look however.