Best Christmas Present Given and Received

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Given: Memory foam mattress topped for mom-in-law. When sweetie-pie and I replaced the old one she had, we were grossed out the black mold covering the old poly-fill topper. Am sure we both decreased our life expectancy by a decade (spore release!) cleaning it up.

Received: 3 x 12-packs of

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Received - my kid and his wife came for Christmas. Given - plane tickets for my kid and his wife to come for Christmas.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
We lost our red tabby back in May after 22 years and really miss him but we wanted to give it some time before we got another.
A friend emailed a pic of a tabby kitten in the Ventura shelter 2 weeks ago.
$hit- too cute.
We had to go see (we all know you don't go to see a kitten, you're going to GET a kitten)
We got there and he was in a pen with another 2 month old tabby playing (Piper 7 months and Jax 2 months)
We had to have both.
So that was our Christmas present to each other this year!

Looking for trouble

2 month old jax going in for the kill

Taking a break

You're gonna what?

I don't think so.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Given: 2 crisp hundred dollar bills to my 12 y/o nephew to buy new baseball gear for the new season.

Received: 12 pack of PBR longnecks from an old neighbor that I never expected to see again who popped by unexpectedly to deliver some Holiday cheer. :grin2:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Given:
Did Thanksgiving at my Aunt's; she warned me about a hole in one of her oven mitts. She got new oven mitt with potholder and kitchen towel set pair thingies.

Received:
Spanish House Christmas Eve morning. Chest high or so. Section massacre with slammable lips, wrappable bowls, and even a couple rogue double up lumps that made it underneath and threw out on the inside.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Watching niece and nephew open presents. This year I realized I don't need to go expensive or beat my head finding something unique or rare, they just want lots of toys that move and light up and make noises. That fun stuff will come when they develop and narrow their hobbies.
I gave to myself an epic new fly rod/reel.

OBSurvivor

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 25, 2013
Mr Doof, good stuff. How long will that last you?

SbSteve, Orange tabby cats the best. So much character & attitude. Years ago, adopted one named Tigger. Such a mean SOB , but I loved him. Dropped Tigger off at Petco for a bath, girl could not wash him. She called us to pick him up lol

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Great thread and idea mr. doof :cheers:

Received: From my father in law.
Same model as below, I believe, but from the 80's (I think) and with abalone fret and sound hole inlays and a much better color. Very bright but full sounds and feels like fretting an electric. Soooooooo stocked!

Given: Got my daughter this indoor/outdoor (wireless outdoor sensor) thermometer that has a little graphic of a kid in warm or cool clothing based on the temp outside. We set it up last night and she's super stocked on not having to ask us the weather so she can decide what to wear to school.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
OBSurvivor said:
Mr Doof, good stuff. How long will that last you?
I should get to the end of March, barring visits from relatives that is.

PS

Had a great ginger cat growing up: "Tiger Biff". Super loveable and mouser extraordinaire.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Given: First Bike (with Training Wheels) for my daughter. Replica garbage truck for my son who is utterly fascinated with all things trucks.

Received: The pure stock from my daughter on her first time not just skiing but also seeing snow for the first time. Absolutely hooked on it.

They also had fun sledding together, especially with me pulling them up and down hills like their own personal plowhorse.

By far the best Christmas to date!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
20W-50 and blood said:
are the old now or they just both a foot plus normal heights? holy crap time cant have gone by THAT fast
4 and 2 but also tall for their age. Son is more or less above average but my daughter is 99th percentile for height. She'll be tall all right. Free spirit with attitude. Makes things fun.

And it IS going by fast.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I got her miniature lights for the dollhouse her grandfather made her and she started crying.

She got me Severson's SURF and I ALMOST cried.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
MJOJunkie said:
Kento you are one blessed bloke :jam_on: :beer: :grin:
Thanks. I don't take one second for granted. :cheers:

It's crazy how good vacations are for kids. They made more strides in 5 days than they would have with a month of day care/school.

Nov 19, 2010
Gave my youngest son his first custom shred sled. 5'2" Surf RX New Buddy. He's stoked!

Mom Ocean gifted me a great uncrowded and unexpected afternoon window of pure joy.

sr04

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 21, 2014
Southern California
Given: This game Klask to the kids. It's a blast and they love playing board games with my wife and I.

Received: Let's just say it goes well with the rinsekit.