Best Booties for 10 1/2 shoe size

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
I'm exactly 10 1/2. If you are too or if you have some knowledge/experience, please let me know what size, brand and model has been best for halfies. In Rip Curl going down a size I seem to crunch my toes, up a size and drag a toe. I've had best fit with the structureless types size L like the Quik neogoos and recently fell in love with the Billabong 5mm Furnace Comp Boot. As you guys know you know you've got to treat those kindly. I wore out the Billabongs faster than expected. I'll keep buying those unless I find better. Looking for something that fits as good without as much need for care. Help appreciated!

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I'm a shoe size ten and wear size 9 boots.

I just don't get why they don't make boots in half sizes.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Xcel Drylock boots come in half sizes as of this year. Maybe not all half sizes but at least 9.5 and 10.5.

I wear an 11 shoe but I like a bootie to be snug so I got the 10.5 round toes. After a few sessions they fit perfect.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I'm a 10.5 but wear 11 in Xcel Drylocks. No problems but when it comes time to buy new ones I'll probably go with the 10.5. Lower end booties tend to stretch and fill with water, I find the Drylocks can be worn a little bigger and stay tight in the water. You can usually tell just by looking. The booties that aren't really molded to your feet but look like clown shoes tend to fill up.

bordeaux

OTF status
Aug 23, 2008
Solite Boots, self customizing to your feet via hot water. Try the size 10, if you can get them on, they'll mold/stretch to fit.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Just get size 10, I wear 11 in shoes and buy size 10, tough to get on at first but they stretch out after a few uses. Nothing worse than loose booties filling with water and tripping all over yourself. Used to have the same problem with snowboard boots, 11 perfect fit at first then gets too loose over time.

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Interesting... do they make a 2 mm bootie? I hated booties til i bought some 2 mm Billabongs. Total game changers for me. They're thin enough that I can feel my board almost as well as no booties, yet warm enough for NCSD winters. Wouldn't ever consider going back to 3mm.

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Didn't find any Xcel in 1/2 sizes. Our shop manager that just saw the line at Expo said they weren't mentioned but that could just be the rep. Not on their site though.

Had tried the Rip Curls in the past but their size 10 always crunched my toes & 11s drag toe. Also haven't had good luck in the leak department with their boots in last couple years even though I wear their suits exclusively.

Since I loved the structureless Billabong Furnace Comp boots so much I got a pair of size 10 Furnace Ultra which seem close to the same but are rubber soled. They fit great and no crunched toe feel or toe drag. They're not as light and don't have as much a form fitted feel as the comp boots though.

I have wondered if I dipped the Comp boot heels where I've patched in some plastidip or flex seal if that would give them a little more longevity.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.