Best boar in your quiver?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
It's an interesting question.
:unsure:

If I was only able to grab one board, I bring the HS Untitled because it's so versatile. But it's more of a "jack of all trades" board........super reliable and can always count on it to do the job from 2ft to 8ft. But at the same time, it's versatility seems to reduce its speciality, which at times could make it seem bland if you're looking for faults.

My GMM2 is a fantastic groveler and my Burch asym is a fantastic alt hpsb that both have incredible spark to them, but the conditions need to be right.

So I guess the question becomes would I rather be riding grovel waves or actual good waves, which shouldn't be a serious question in the first place.

Burch asym. Final answer.

I have spoken.

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
prob the most excited about a twin fin by a popular shaper. so much speed and agility, easy to surf

5'6 bat tail w a pointy end

Reactions: retodd

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
If I classify my best board as the one that gives me the most edge in the right conditions than I would say my ghost. I can do something stupid and the board will just kinda laugh like "what are you thinking kook", but than pull it off with ease like its not even trying. Problem is the conditions don't always ask for it. I might go months without being able to use it, but than when I do.....instant magic, and it blows me away again. Such a great board.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Same as SBD... different horses for courses. but best at what it does? one of the Mitsven fish, probably the next gen quad fish. Does exactly what I want it to and never had a bad session on it. Can be pushed hard. Could easily ride it 70% of time and be stocked.

EDIT: I know it's not cool anymore, but I always go back to XTR 5'5 Evo in SL-C. Again does everything I want it to in a variety of conditions. Forgives my mistakes. Never disappoints. Old faithful.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
This is a tough one. I would probably go with the Driver 2.0. It's pretty good in crap waves for a HPSB but it will handle plenty size. Walled or bowly waves, seems like it works in anything with a little push.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
This is a tough one. I would probably go with the Driver 2.0. It's pretty good in crap waves for a HPSB but it will handle plenty size. Walled or bowly waves, seems like it works in anything with a little push.
agreed. If I had this board (well the 1.0 actually) in the pre-dumpster diver/fish era it would have been the only thing I'd ever need.

Reactions: MathDebater

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Lost/MR Cali twin has been amazeballs. I thought it’d just be a fun alt board to change things up. But it’s been so much fun in everything.

That said it never really gets better than the Stretch Skate.