Best 70's rock bands

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Surprised no one's plugged these songs. As a surfer in the early 70's, this movie and it's soundtrack still plays in my head sometimes when I paddle out. How can it not get you happy to go, even in a crowd? Angie Reno, Reno Abellira and BK segments rip (for their time)

This Beach Boys song (Feel Flows, 1971) still goes thru my head on those rare hot, sunny, sheet glass days with all that calmness, while solid overhead waves still keep you on your toes. The slow mo segment near the end where Lopez cross-steps the cut-back is the epitome of style and cool (coming out of a spitting Pipe barrel no less).

P.S. The subtitles in these later 5SS x4 VHS version clips were not in the original movie. Subtitles were added in the early 90's so the general public could relate. Original had little to no subtitles to ID riders or incidentals (Primo, Puka Shells, Beach Disagreement, etc.) You just KNEW as most real surfers did back then.

Also missing from the 5SS x4 version was this little cartoon/song gem. Later versions of 5SS's were butchered from the original non-PC version of 1972.

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I wore the grooves off my 5 Summer Stories LP in the 70s, so I bought another one and wore the grooves off of that one, too.

Young 'uns: ask your old man what I'm talking about.