Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
Do my wife's periodically when it flares. If done right, it works right away. Too damn hard to do by yourself, really needs someone to control the neck while patient just limps out.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
yeah i get it. takes a week+ to go away. fking annoying. i had it in the middle of a 2 week backpack trip in the sierras. that sucked.

could never get the movement to help. try meclizine

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
Had this problem after an auto accident. Physical therapist reset crystals with rotational head movements twice, fortunately for me it worked.

Reactions: Havoc

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Tried surfing today (still have the vertigo, but less than a few days ago) and got kinda seasick. Conditions sucked but should not have caused that. Will try following those movements tonight. thanks.

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
I just started experiencing this. it does not seem to affect my surfing. maybe that is because it takes me so long to get to my feet. its really freaking me out.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Hard to believe you guys are surfing while under vertigo. I couldn't even get out of bed, not even lift my head!

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I just started experiencing this. it does not seem to affect my surfing. maybe that is because it takes me so long to get to my feet. its really freaking me out.
Hard to believe you guys are surfing while under vertigo. I couldn't even get out of bed, not even lift my head!
Once I'm up, and my head stays upright, I'm OK until I put my head down again,. I have figured out that this time the trouble is in my left ear.

It doesn't always affect my surfing, but it did the other day after I bogged down and went in over the nose. Usually a quick rotation underwater doesn't have a bad effect. This time I came up dizzy, paddled back out to the line-up but then ended up nauseous and had to go in earlier than I'd planned. Gonna give it a go again today.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I was told by a client nurse and she told me that valium along with that nausea med will get you right back on your feet. I'm calling her for the goods if it ever happens again.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
had my latest vertigo attack Monday and am still recovering
back at work today but feeling a little dizzy and slightly nauseous
feels like I'm on a boat
it was horrible through yesterday

probably happened about 4-5 times in the since 2019
even happened the day of my heart procedure, that was weird.
They wouldn't hold it up for that.

all started after I banged my head solid into hollow tile wall and had to get stiches
I was in my hazmat suit and to take a ****, when I pull the supplied airline from my hood my facemask instantly fogged up and Iwalked backwards full speed into the wall because I could not see.

wish there was a cure

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: Havoc and JBerry

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I’m way bummed for you guys because I got it albeit briefly and it sucked.
My limited research said something about being old as a factor (51 myself).
Im a simple man so I looked for simple causes first and in my case figured ear infection/ water related and started being real careful showering/using the drops. Seemed to do the trick and knock on wood hasn’t come back.
I used earplugs for the last few years I surfed before becoming landlocked and highly recommend them.
That and
1622786292741.jpeg

Hope you all get it sorted out.

Last edited:

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
I had it bad of it a few months ago. Determined it was in my left ear with those laying back exercises. Stayed on my right side for a day or two and it went away. Likely caused by swimming freestyle the day before. It was absolutely debilitating and horrible.

I feel for anybody who gets this regularly.