Ben Gravy on Florida's longest wave

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah Groms Dad said he used to be a wicked fook up so you can’t hate on that. I’m just dumbfounded that anyone cares what he or any other vlogger/instafluencer does and find it insane that people/his nation sends him money to do nothing. But then again I find it creepy and weird that that Salsa dude has a community
The kids seem to dig it.

This is filmed in St. Andrew's State Park just East of Panama City Beach. The left is the boat driving out of St. Andrew's pass, the right is driving in. The back side of this finger of land they are on has a very nice grass flat and if anyone recalls the photos of redfish and trout from my Cristobal road trip, those were caught wading on that flat.

There are three spots in very close proximity to where this was filmed that are all fun on their day, although two require a boat (for transportation, not wake) or some good arms and a tide table.

The beach and water is very pretty especially if it's been dry. I wouldn't drive 18 hours for it but I'd drive 5. I initially thought the longest left was going to be another Panhandle spot, but it's a novelty.

I am not sure what Florida's longest wave actually is, but there are a fair few inlet shoals and inside-the-inlet waves between Fernandina and Pensacola that, on a rare groundswell with favorable winds, are legitimately high quality performance waves.

Reactions: emmohl80

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I love a nice lined up point break. You can really get into the rhythm of the wave, bottom turn after bottom turn after bottom turn. Really crank it up and drive down the wave for a couple hundred yards. Yeah, that's where it's at!

IDK if you could do that on a boat wake. Would have to be a really big boat!!!