Beautiful Central California

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
As I drive around for three hours, cover 100 miles, enjoying the beautiful vistas and the pleasant weather, I can't help but think to myself....God damn this area fvcking sucks to be a surfer in.
drove hwy 1 many times between morro and monterey, can confirm your ponderings :cry:
consistent, yes.
good, not often.

Reactions: grapedrink

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
I lived in the area and worked in Carmel and would mostly surf the the main beach after work. Beautiful vistas/visions but close out central. I remember that beach having a fair amount of power; got pinned to the sand a few times. This is back when it didn't occur to me that I might break my neck. I regret never sampling the goods up at Moss Landing; it was a bit above my pay-grade at the time.

A few good spots in the area though, from the town of Pacific Grove on down.

Big Sur was a total crap-shoot and only paid off once for me. Sharky as sh!t too.

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
funny. seriously considered it when i was getting out davenport in the late 80's. instead i chose the other land of almost. so much potential....

Reactions: Mr Doof

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Better delete this thread too, before someone learns about all the amazing super secret great waves around here! Clown :LOL: :loser:

Hey, ever park at the end of lone palm in Cambria and walk along the trail by the house that now has a nice wooden fence behind the barbwire fence? Don't do it! Locals only!

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: parkiteric and jkb

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I hope that YouTube video goes viral and gets 10 million views.

Welcome to surfer discussion, where a 300 page back and forth about if the earth is flat is encouraged, but proof that surfing in San Simeon exists is against the rules :roflmao:
Why are you determined to push this button?
do you want to get banned?
{insert archer pic here}
because this is how you get banned

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Why are you determined to push this button?
do you want to get banned?
{insert archer pic here}
because this is how you get banned
Because i think it's stupid that the erBB is being censored by the dude we saw getting his @ss kicked in those pictures from fullers

• Haha
Reactions: parkiteric

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Lol one of the mods for sure loves that area. Strange hill to die on
i love that area! That's why I want to talk about it with other surfers, in the niche community we've had for discussing our surf related lives for like twenty years.
One of the mods loves flat earth, weed, and tmz drama, but doesn't want anyone to share videos of cold, windy, difficult to access, shark infested, mush burgers.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
At this point everyone who wants to go surf those areas knows what/where they are. Will they go and get threatened and rocks thrown at them, stuff stolen, tires slashed, waxed windshields? 99.99999% chance, no. I've driven that stretch dozens of times, it's pretty obvious where not to go out, plenty of room at other places.

Are DMs being monitored/deleted as well?

So stupid.