Beautiful Central California

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah of the handful of trips I’ve surfed (or had intent To surf) between Rincon and SF, I’ve scored on one trip and got skunked on all the rest, by many of the aforementioned issues noted above. Except localism but I tend to blend into foreign and even somewhat hostile lineups with no trouble

Reactions: stringcheese

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Better delete this thread too, before someone learns about all the amazing super secret great waves around here! Clown :LOL: :loser:

Hey, ever park at the end of lone palm in Cambria and walk along the trail by the house that now has a nice wooden fence behind the barbwire fence? Don't do it! Locals only!
I don't have a dog in this specific fight, it's not my hood, but I think naming spots, posting identifiable pics, directions, etc. on an internet forum is pretty poor form. Regardless of how good or bad the quality is I'm sure to someone these are special spots that likely have their day and it's worth putting in your time checking and keeping your mouth shut so when it does finally get good it's not a scene.

You might think that cold, crappy closeouts can't get crowded but I can tell you from first hand experience that's not the case.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I don't have a dog in this specific fight, it's not my hood, but I think naming spots, posting identifiable pics, directions, etc. on an internet forum is pretty poor form. Regardless of how good or bad the quality is I'm sure to someone these are special spots that likely have their day and it's worth putting in your time checking and keeping your mouth shut so when it does finally get good it's not a scene.

You might think that cold, crappy closeouts can't get crowded but I can tell you from first hand experience that's not the case.
If this were Facebook or something, I would agree. It isn't.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
word. what 'ruka said.

other than stringchezy, its all southers and rando blowins playn kiss and tell

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There are people from parts north complaining about this thread that have Instagrams loaded with pics of spots using plenty of identifiable markers.

So much to the point that I used their Instagram as a guide on a trip to said zone.

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
There are people from parts north complaining about this thread that have Instagrams loaded with pics of spots using plenty of identifiable markers.

So much to the point that I used their Instagram as a guide on a trip to said zone.
I think they're just doing it to be super cool locals only guys. Surfer virtue signaling, closet soft top riders.

Reactions: gbg

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
i don't think it matters if it's facebook, the erbb or your group text. the concept of not blowing up spots is pretty simple regardless of the platform.
:rolleyes:

It's not "blowing up spots" to tell stories, relax Eddie rothman

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I was going to buy that house. Great price but too many code violations and was not legally habitable.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Holy shiiittt.

You can buy houses that close to the ocean for around $500k. :toilet:
Big time fresh water issues is the main drawback. Lots of driving for basic wares or pay through the nose for limited selection nearby (gas, groceries, pharmacy, hardware, etc). Plus there is not much in the way of meaningful local social interaction, unless you like Bingo :toilet:

If you are good with the above, it’s a great deal :roflmao:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Big time fresh water issues is the main drawback. Lots of driving for basic wares or pay through the nose for limited selection nearby (gas, groceries, pharmacy, hardware, etc). Plus there is not much in the way of meaningful local social interaction, unless you like Bingo :toilet:

If you are good with the above, it’s a great deal :roflmao:
You don't consider surf forum moderating "meaningful social interaction"?