bathroom vanities

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
We used quality tile, restoration and porcelenosa vanities (I don’t reccomend Porcelenosa- it’s stylish stuff but same price points as Resto and not made nearly as well, lesson learned) and it was all in about 40k for both bathrooms. Full gut Reno though, so more labor and material than a simple face lift. All new toilets, frame less glass shower enclosure etc. my master bath is now sort of the coolest room in the house
We are gutting our kitchen on Saturday. The guy we have building the cabinets came in pretty reasonable, less than we thought but the appliances ...holy sh!t. The refrigerator and freezer won't be in until February at the earliest. The wife had to have a steam oven, even though she never used a steam oven so we had to design with wall mount ovens instead of just using a range...which is fine because the drawings look awesome but the two wall mount ovens are double what a range would cost...and then we had to buy a cook top.

One thing we learned. Sharp makes all the drawer style microwaves. Every one of them. They have the patent. What they did was genius. They don't brand theirs. There's no Sharp badging on it. That way when you have a kitchen full of Wolf or Viking, or whatever, you buy the Sharp microwave in the same finish and it's 1500 bucks vs the 3500 the other brands charge you for the badge premium.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Where to buy in SD?

Everything out there I've seen is crap particle board type sh!t for flips.
San Diego Vanities
http://sandiegovanities.com/
Bathroom supply store in San Diego, California

Service options: In-store shopping · In-store pickup · Delivery
Address: 2645 Financial Ct unit P, San Diego, CA 92117

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 10AM

Phone: (619) 417-6593

Call Nicole, she is your "vanity therapist"
What do you want? Raised? Floor mount? one sink? two sinks? side-by-side drawers? three-cabinets? Granite? Composite?
Don't forget the sink and faucets.
When buying a new toilet, seat height from the ground is a key purchase point

Waiting on a bracket to mount the sink, and the mirror
1656080480672.png

1656080526545.png

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Exposed lightbulbs over mirror, but not the Hollywood makeup artist kind.
No WW1 "no man's land" and barbed wire around plant (is kitty okay?)
One roll of what looks like WalMart single-ply on deck, current roll barely sufficient for a second morning deuce
Kaser1 wet dream window
Only thing with a rack is one wash cloth; all other textiles draped like they're drying at a homeless camp.

2/10; wouldn't stock with brown trout.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dude, if i had tidied up and staged for a photoshoot, would you respect me in the morning? i literally walked down the hall and shot.

And the exposed bulbs are by design. Also Resto.

I didn't even empty the trash can

And besides there is a smoking hot pic of my wife doing yoga on Tavarua with a chest high wave peeling across the Restaurants reef in the background. That has to count for at least 2 points

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Gave my master bath a facelift 10 years ago. Went to Home depot with my wife on Sunday to pick out a 4' long vanity and a matching 3' cabinet mirror above. I was trying to just git 'er done. Mistake. The vanity on the floor had a real wood front but later I saw that it was plastic stick-on woodgrain on the sides. The side in the sun has bleached and the wood's finish does not stand up to a bathroom environment - I have to oil it every couple of years. The matching mirror cabinet which was up high on display and I assumed was real wood at least in front like the vanity was all plastic stick-on woodgrain everywhere. Live and learn.

In our new kitchen we did it all right - one of the best things is the Kohler faucet (real, not a Home Depot cheaper version). It truly works better than the cheaper stuff and brings me pleasure every time I use it. It was $650 at the plumbing supply but I found it open box on Ebay for $150. It was missing one $18 plastic piece (try to connect it all in advance - I had to cut my own plastic piece out of a piece of broken Sony television trim the day the plumber said a piece is missing tell your wife she can't have the long awaited sink today - no way that could happen!). The faucet is brushed stainless which had some small scratches in one place which disappeared with 600 grit sandpaper - brushed stainless has that advantage.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
What I don't get is why vanities and kitchen countertops don't have a slight 1-2 degree slope towards the sink for a few inches around the edges. Drives me nuts all the water that splashes off my hands that gets behind the faucet, that is impossible to wipe but because you need a toddler hand to get behind there to wipe it up.

Plus when my wife washes her face, seems that more water ends up around the sink than what went down the drain :toilet:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What I don't get is why vanities and kitchen countertops don't have a slight 1-2 degree slope towards the sink for a few inches around the edges. Drives me nuts all the water that splashes off my hands that gets behind the faucet, that is impossible to wipe but because you need a toddler hand to get behind there to wipe it up.

Plus when my wife washes her face, seems that more water ends up around the sink than what went down the drain :toilet:
Both of these struggles are REAL. WTF are these women doing in there, taking a homeless shower in the sink?

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Dude, if i had tidied up and staged for a photoshoot, would you respect me in the morning? i literally walked down the hall and shot.

And the exposed bulbs are by design. Also Resto.

I didn't even empty the trash can

And besides there is a smoking hot pic of my wife doing yoga on Tavarua with a chest high wave peeling across the Restaurants reef in the background. That has to count for at least 2 points
How far is the reach to the TP before ya drop a log on the toilet seat? geezz-sus! :foreheadslap:

:nana:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
** What I don't get is why vanities and kitchen countertops don't have a slight 1-2 degree slope towards the sink for a few inches around the edges. **

Funny that you mention this. I was just looking at my kitchen countertop. For those 2 degrees, the framework & countertop would need to be altered and the sinks as well with heaps of caulkings on both ends of the sinks if your going stainless, perhaps easier, if one would go with marble or stone and work from the topside and create the slope but then again, how does one set the straight edges of the sink?
Perhaps I'm over thinking ... :bricks:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Tile counters suck :trout:
Also, your grout is filthy.
Yeah, we have the Sahara Desert next door, I told my wife it needed to be charcoal to cover that... but she wouldn't listen. Also, loves leaving the windows open during the Kalima. I've given up... I just go surfing

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Who TF wants that?

:roflmao::monkey:

I just empty it out and hit it with the power washer every 3 months. Fugg it.