Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Reactions: keenfish

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Whatever you get, make sure your hand fits behind it and can be cleaned. Mine has a tiny gap, so the caulk always looks gross because it's tough to clean behind it.

Guess that's what happens when people with tiny hands design and assemble what you buy :toilet:

• Haha

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
My impression from being sent to two of these sorts of places is they all sell Chinese popout crap to put in flips or ultra cheap remodels.
True but at least you can pick your stone and sink so might be worth looking into.

Best advice from @sushipop you can always go custom fit.

I'm a cheap skate so I try to find something that I can make work when possible.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
If you’re gonna go pop out, go swedish pop out. IKEA has some solid wood options. there’s high end builders who use ikea stuff now in kitchens and baths with decent results. i‘ve “hacked“ a few solid wood ikea pieces that have come out great and have lasted a long time.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you’re gonna go pop out, go swedish pop out. IKEA has some solid wood options. there’s high end builders who use ikea stuff now in kitchens and baths with decent results. i‘ve “hacked“ a few solid wood ikea pieces that have come out great and have lasted a long time.
I've looked and def not a bad idea, problem is it's only drawers and we prefer cabinets.

Looks like I'm forced to do the unfinished furniture AGAIN.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh and in honor of all the letterkenny I’m binging as a result of erBB:

give yer nuts a tug boys, this isn’t fu#$ing HGTV…what’s the matter did your wife and I break the old vanity the other night when you had to work late? Go online, restoration hardware, French modern farmhouse, driftwood gray, down the hatch. pitter patter

figure it out

:dancing::ban:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Oh and in honor of all the letterkenny I’m binging as a result of erBB:

give yer nuts a tug boys, this isn’t fu#$ing HGTV…what’s the matter did your wife and I break the old vanity the other night when you had to work late? Go online, restoration hardware, French modern farmhouse, driftwood gray, down the hatch. pitter patter

figure it out

:dancing::ban:
I'm hiring you as my personal remodel consultant when I kick my sister out and move into my townhouse. :love:

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We used quality tile, restoration and porcelenosa vanities (I don’t reccomend Porcelenosa- it’s stylish stuff but same price points as Resto and not made nearly as well, lesson learned) and it was all in about 40k for both bathrooms. Full gut Reno though, so more labor and material than a simple face lift. All new toilets, frame less glass shower enclosure etc. my master bath is now sort of the coolest room in the house

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
We found some really nice for the price vanities at Costco for condo in Florida we use as a vacation home / seasonal rental. We didn't want to put much money into it and the Costco vanities were real wood, solid, and a real value for the price. I believe hey were on sale but even at full price I think they would have been a bargain.