Bands with 3 or more perfect albums

Mar 12, 2016
Hawaii
ifallalot said:
I feel so sad for her one daughter. One of them looks like mom, and one looks like dad

Speaking of Billy Joel. Only now have I started listening to his non radio hits.
"Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" has to be my most favorite song right now. "And So it Goes"has to be one of the saddest songs. Can't believe I've never heard of either until about a month ago.

Huge Billy Joel fan now.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Anthony works in the grocery store
Savin' his pennies for someday
Mama Leone left a note on the door
She said, Sonny, move out to the country . . . .

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
Coat Hanger said:
Norm' said:
[img:center]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3mDAnxdJRXg/UfFfxmW7EnI/AAAAAAAABAE/IAuhebKh1xk/s1600/album-Reading+Writing+&+Arithmetic.jpg[/img]
I saw the Sundays with the Smithereens at Congress Street Station in Savannah in the early 90's. I don't remember their one hit song back then, but when they played it I knew who they were. When the Smithereens were playing I met one of the members of the Sundays or their crew...not sure, don't remember who....a buddy of mine was a local artist and was having a party at his warehouse/studio later...so we invite them, then they invited the Smithereens who showed up with their crew..followed by a gang of groupies. I think all the guys in the Smithereens were married at the time but the groupies and just about everyone else indulged in the free vagina. The singer of the Sundays wasn't having it and started trying to get the girls to leave, with was met with ridicule from the crew, with one of them yelling, "this is why you got thrown out of the Indigo Girls". It was classic.
:roflmao:

They don't have to be popular hits to be good.

I love her voice.

vbsurfer3001

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 2, 2003
Lynnhaven Pier
Visit site
SlicedFeet said:
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Grant Greene
Willie Dixon
Elmore James
Howlin Wolf
Muddy Waters
Sonny Boy Williamson
Zep
Stones
Bowie
Floyd - the Final Cut is one of them
Anders Parker :) - look him up...love his sound.
Add Fela Kuti, Cannonball Adderley, Wes Montgomery & Nina.... then we can drop the mic....

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
hal9000 said:
Boneroni said:
Oh crap, that reminds me!!!!!!!

Stone Temple Pilots. For the win.
You can't be a music snob and like this band. They just took Soundgarden and Melvins riffs and made them commercially viable.
If you've seen the documentary "It's Gonna Blow" about the San Diego scene in the 90's, they said STP stole their act from Lucy's Fur Coat.

Speaking of which, lots of Taylor Steele movies used local SD bands, Rocket from the Crypt had at least 3 great albums. Honorable mention to Drive like Jehu even though they only put out 2. Hot Snakes are up there.

Other bands I'd add:
Refused
Cake (Yeah, I said it)
Drag the River (alt country, they are a branch on the Descendents, All family tree)
Old 97's
Hot Water Music
Sparta
Against Me
Alkaline Trio
Gaslight Anthem

Already mentioned but I'd add again:
Descendents (so many bands wouldn't be without Bill Stevenson :bowdown: )
Metallica (before the self titled album)
RUSH
Zeppelin (I could listen to John Bonham doing a Purdie Shuffle on Fool in the Rain for a week straight.)

OBSurvivor

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 25, 2013
RFTC, Hot Snakes , Drive Like Jehu :bowdown:

Imagine seeing any of those bands at The Casbah back in the day

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
vbsurfer3001 said:
SlicedFeet said:
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Grant Greene
Willie Dixon
Elmore James
Howlin Wolf
Muddy Waters
Sonny Boy Williamson
Zep
Stones
Bowie
Floyd - the Final Cut is one of them
Anders Parker :) - look him up...love his sound.
Add Fela Kuti, Cannonball Adderley, Wes Montgomery & Nina.... then we can drop the mic....
Thanks VB surfer. I found myself in a record shop yesterday and picked up this. Rad, and epic vinyl pressing. Wasn’t familar with him but now a fan.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Phi1 said:
hal9000 said:
Boneroni said:
Oh crap, that reminds me!!!!!!!

Stone Temple Pilots. For the win.
You can't be a music snob and like this band. They just took Soundgarden and Melvins riffs and made them commercially viable.
If you've seen the documentary "It's Gonna Blow" about the San Diego scene in the 90's, they said STP stole their act from Lucy's Fur Coat.

STP totally ripped off Lucy's Fur Coat - same heavy riffs - crazy

even Weiland danced liked Charlie

but Weiland had the better voice

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
the janitor said:
Van Halen
The English Beat
Prince

probably more, I'll circle back

Johnny Cash
U2
Interesting to see English Beat mentioned. They only had three albums. Not "perfect" but all of them were great, in my estimation.

Early U2 is a good call, with War, Unforgettable Fire, and Joshua Tree.

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced? Axis Bold as Love, Electric Ladyland
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced, Second Helping, Street Survivors (their others are great too, Nuthin' Fancy, Gimme Back My Bullets, and One More From the Road)
Led Zeppelin - I, II, IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti
Rolling Stones - pretty much all albums '67 to '81
Cream - first three albums plus 2005 reunion concert
The Who - several
The Eagles - all
ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud, Tres Hombres, Deguello, even Eliminator kicks ass!
Black Sabbath
Bowie - early stuff
The Ramones - thinking back, these guys have a shitload of great albums, all songs with the same three chords!
Neil Young - several
The Cars - several
The Cure - everything up to Wish album
Joy Division - all three albums
Smashing Pumpkins - first three (BTW, the posters saying Mellon Collie isn't great, are on crack)

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Such a nice forum discussion on this topic. An assignment writer who is reliable is similar to an artist. I am not exaggerating. Such writers are equally comfortable in offering any type of assignment help service. It can be essay help, dissertation help, coursework help, literature review help and so on. The list may be endless, but all you can get is truly reliable work!