ban the Bible

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
in Florida schools? fook yeah :jamon: the bible is the blueprint for wokeness - completely inappropriate content. this is where it all began - i'm sure we can all agree on this.

...age inappropriateness, social-emotional learning, mentions of bestiality and rape, and "wokeness" as reasons to ban the Bible. Each reason is accompanied by a corresponding Bible excerpt

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
it's weird that kids are deemed to be of a Religion in general seeing as it's such a spiritual, personal, and intentional journey. Parents who deem their children of one Religion or another are essentially abusers, taking away a constitutional right from a minor.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
it's weird that kids are deemed to be of a Religion in general seeing as it's such a spiritual, personal, and intentional journey. Parents who deem their children of one Religion or another are essentially abusers, taking away a constitutional right from a minor.
i co-sign this. my parents made me get a bar mitzfah. i had to get up in front of 300 people i didnt know, and sing a song in a language i didnt know, at the age of 13. if thats not child abuse i really dont know what is.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
i co-sign this. my parents made me get a bar mitzfah. i had to get up in front of 300 people i didnt know, and sing a song in a language i didnt know, at the age of 13. if thats not child abuse i really dont know what is.
it will debase religion - if it is so significant - then people need autonomy to decide

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
“I LEARNED THIS FROM WATCHING YOU, DAD! I learned this from watching you. *cries*”

• Haha
Reactions: tenover

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i went to a couple of bar mitzvahs as a kid....all i recall is the kid gets stuffed with envelopes of cash, like the bride at a mob wedding (i might have missed the singing part). but if you had 300 people at yours, then i'm thinking you also picked a nice piece of change for your troubles, no?

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i went to a couple of bar mitzvahs as a kid....all i recall is the kid gets stuffed with envelopes of cash, like the bride at a mob wedding (i might have missed the singing part). but if you had 300 people at yours, then i'm thinking you also picked a nice piece of change for your troubles, no?
i was 13 so I don’t even know what I got but I bought a American Strat and I’m pretty sure it paid for my first car which I totaled 2 weeks after I got it.. I was like the only Jew in lacuna. Wasn’t worth it.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The Bible has all the gore, sex, sin etc conservative to hate. I don’t know how it would pass any “proper for kids at school” test Florida or Texas might dream up.

Reactions: mundus and hal9000

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
My parents were the last to get mitsvahed on our branch of the tree. I found out how much some of my friends made and I was so envious. But, I had a bad stutter as a kid, not so bad at 13, but still, and I would not have wanted to stand up there and recite sh!t in Hebrew verbatim. That sounded a nightmare.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Exactly

Is wiping your butt considered grooming?

Because I do that too

Sometimes
Waste of time. Just eat more Chia and your wiping days are history. I havent wiped in 5 years. Just clean effervescent effortless releases. Dingleberries nothing more than a trim piece on a fine chapeau from south of the border.
I used to obsesses over the dark side of food, the insidious nature of the American food industry, the sweating, drooling, gasping, jiggling American population, stuffed full of fat, chemicals, meat and sugar. But with Chia Ive countered that community. My body shaping hour of power is a cleanly lit stage of porcelain white demagoguery mix mixed with Praises to Allah and Glory to God