Bailing your board.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
wouldnt be surprised if that was intentional.
Even worse is nobody calling him out in the comments on insta. Bro brah gym bicep curl has got to learn. And from his post, it seems like he is playing the victim card.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Seems the board slipped out of the paddlers hands on a duck and popped up behind him/between his legs? A bigger board will do that.
It's happened to me and it's a kooky move.
no you cannot duckdive a board that dig. he was trying to penetrate the surface, where the board went was an afterthought.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Hey bro brah, how about you don't f*cking tow into 5' waves where paddlers are at? Tow dude deserves it imho.
I thought the same thing, but wasn't going to say it. Sometimes the perspective gets skewed on shots like that, so I don't know, but that looks like a small wave. If that was happening around paddlers in 5' waves... meh.

I mean the guy doesn't even dead lift.

http://instagr.am/p/CJHR-3jhBt9/

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Not sure if it was small... can't tell from those angles. It's Nazaré and there were a few skis around. I'm guessing it was big enough to pull out the guns at least.

Also, looks like the perpetrator was his friend so I doubt it was intentional.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
really? This guy must be independently wealthy or something (?)

You mentioned previously that you minimize the risks of accidents as much as possible. What measures achieve that?
I always have a resident marine doctor onsite when I big wave surf with Dr. Haber, who can pump lungs and feed in a special oxygen mixture within five minutes. Then, a mobile breathing device aids in the resuscitation. If my spine is injured, he has a stretcher that can stabilize me for evacuation and prevents damage to the spinal cord..

• Wow
Reactions: billypilgrim

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
feel bad for the guy but I don't think it was intentional. skis, cameras, instagram. just fvvk off and surf.remember when people just did that? Surf and don't broadcast it to the world.
Don't tread on me bro. The world needs to see how hard I don't shred.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Is that the guy that Christian Fletcher intro'd at the XXL awards?:roflmao:

In the July issue of SURFER, we misrepresented a situation in the “This Month in Surf” article on Page 48. We said that both Christian and Nathan Fletcher presented the award and that “they” made an off-the-cuff comment about the winner, when in fact it was just Christian who made the offensive comment. Nathan did not make any of the said remarks. SURFER regrets its mistake and we would like to offer our apologies. This is what Christian said when presenting the award to Sebastian Steudtner at the Billabong XXL Awards: “The f—king German that can’t paddle won the award. Sebastian something-or-other. He can’t even f—king paddle. Hitler’s illegitimate step-child, here’s Sebastian.”