Badass

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
What if everyone took a bike ride at the same time?

Your hypocrisy is delicious
There are literally thousands of miles of empty roads to ride your bike on. You are moving 15-40 mph

There's a handful of surf spots. Everybody has to park at the same place walk the same beach and yes, sit next to each other because everyone and their sister would be out surfing since nobody is working.

Another false equivalence, another failed gotcha.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There are literally thousands of miles of empty roads to ride your bike on. You are moving 15-40 mph

There's a handful of surf spots. Everybody has to park at the same place walk the same beach and yes, sit next to each other because everyone and their sister would be out surfing since nobody is working.

Another false equivalence another failed gotcha.
There's a lot more than a handful of surf spots. You're doing it wrong

There's a lot more people that ride bikes or can ride a bike than surf.

Besides that, you're simply wrong in your hypothetical. Take look at the cams here for proof

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
There's a lot more than a handful of surf spots. You're doing it wrong

There's a lot more people that ride bikes or can ride a bike than surf.

Besides that, you're simply wrong in your hypothetical. Take look at the cams here for proof
How exactly would you control the spread of surfers?

You think people would stay away from Trestles because they can surf a shitty beach break down the line?

Who would regulate that?

Are you an idiot? < that's hypothetical

No cyclist has a place they have to go to in order to ride, like surfers do, plus you're constantly moving.

False equivalence fest continues.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
yes I know.
How exactly would you control the spread of the surfers?

You think people would stay away from Trestles because they can surf a shitty beach break down the line?

Who would regulate that?

Are you an idiot? < that's hypothetical

No cyclist has a place they have to go to in order to ride, like surfers do, plus you're constantly moving.

False equivalence fest continues.
That's on them. We are expected to follow the guidelines. How do we control cyclists to stay in their general area rather than drive down to Solana Beach to park and start riding up the PCH?

Anyone who's smart wouldn't go to Trestles because of the risk.

This is how it works- people regulate themselves

You have a pathological need to control how everyone acts, what they do, and how they think, and this whole pandemic is simply putting it in the spotlight even more than normal.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's on them. We are expected to follow the guidelines. How do we control cyclists to stay in their general area rather than drive down to Solana Beach to park and start riding up the PCH?

You have a pathological need to control how everyone acts, what they do, and how they think, and this whole pandemic is simply putting it in the spotlight even more than normal.
People are pretty sh*tty at regulating themselves. Hence the government crackdown, inconsistent as it may be.

However, if you are suggesting that the Trestles crowd be unofficially regulated, well, I can't think of anywhere better than a cobblestone point to test out a catapult.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Fecal Face loved your post, and is one of the people leaving his house to cycle

To clarify my post. The problem I had is that it legal to bike and skate, yet illegal to surf

Surfing is more distanced than either biking or skating
i agree, the surfing thing is dumb

most people don’t understand surfing and associate it with just going to the beach

they don’t realize that most surfers are anti social assholes

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Do you support the surfing ban?

What if it was clarified that cycling needs to be kept in the neighborhood

At least you do it alone, unlike the three dipshits I saw peletoning on Springdale today
I just bought my wife a Peloton

she still hates me

i wish I could bang that scared chick in the commercial

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

"Anybody who is smart wouldn't go to Trestles"

So that's what, 0.1% of the surfers?

Your insane libertarian fantasies are the best.

People don't even respect the rules under the ban, let alone without the ban.

Ask a 20 year old if he'd abstain from surfing perfect Trestles if he gets the Rona.

And comparing thousands of square miles on which you can cycle to a handful of surf spots, is still stupid.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I have spots that I can go to that often have zero people, especially when it’s cold

Now that’s banned

its pretty dumb in isolation but you have to see the bigger picture

everyone thinks he’s a low risk exception

just fng deal with it and be glad you didn’t get drafted to storm a beach in France

Reactions: Kento and FecalFace

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
i agree, the surfing thing is dumb

most people don’t understand surfing and associate it with just going to the beach

they don’t realize that most surfers are anti-social assholes
Yes, the surfing ban is dumb.
They recently shut down almost all but a select few outside sports facilities, such as: archery field, outside bike track, golf. But the soccer field is still open and crowded. Also, shut down bulk food sales at the local market.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Yes, the surfing ban is dumb.
They recently shut down almost all but a select few outside sports facilities, such as: archery field, outside bike track, golf. But the soccer field is still open and crowded. Also, shut down bulk food sales at the local market.
as of three days ago the bay area POWERS THAT BE decreed that golf and soccer are off the table, with the caveat that you can play soccer with people in your household.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What if everyone cycled? What if everyone took a walk at the same time?

Outside of a couple narrow take-off reefs and points in SoCal, you're socially distanced when you're surfing. If you're not you're doing it wrong

That includes going to the beach with a bunch of buddies, that's always wrong
As long as they kept a 6 ft social distance that is not a problem.