bad dope in oxnard

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They don't increase your sensitivity to anxiety. They're used to treat it.

You may be thinking of when people come off of it cold turkey.
Yes, when people stop taking they get anxiety easier.

I think those are fine for short term use but if you go long term it's a bitch getting off them.

Reactions: rts265

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah they’re a tricky class of drug. Very useful in countless medical/psychiatric situations and emergencies, including the treatment of other more destructive addictions. Hell, Ativan probably saved my life when I decided it was time to plug the jug. The detox nurses had to load me up with that sh!t for five days straight, like a farm animal, just to keep my systems from collapsing. But regardless, benzos are highly addictive themselves and extremely easy to obtain

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yes, when people stop taking they get anxiety easier.

I think those are fine for short term use but if you go long term it's a bitch getting off them.
I think the modern approach, at least in a non cynical sense, is using moderate benzos for short to mid-term lengths of treatment to help people just calm the f down. Thus giving them time and relief to learn other ways of living and thinking that don’t cause as much anxiety, with the idea being a slow taper off the benzos eventually and hopefully onto a more tranquil drug free existence. Zoloft can help immensely at that stage if there is indeed some clinical depression and anxiety. I’m not a doctor and this is not advice nor even anecdotal. Just what I hear on the recovery grape vines

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I am not sure you can take benzos long term. Not without creating serious damage.

I think for anxiety long term you want SSRI or SNRI.

Reactions: Subway

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I used to steal my pops valiums when I was in high school.
One night I did about 8 or 9 and couldn't stand up to walk up the stairs to bed.
It was like that scene out of Wolf of Wallstreet when Leo tried to climb down the stairs to drive the Lambo back home. I was climbing the stairs like a friggin' lizard just to get to my room.
It's a miracle I didn't die in my sleep that night.
I vowed never again and it scared me enough that I have held true on that.
Now I only do beer and whiskey and a bong load to make me sleepy. It's medicinal.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah you pop a bunch of blue Valium’s it’s zombie time. Like blacked Out for periods of time

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I used to steal my pops valiums when I was in high school.
One night I did about 8 or 9 and couldn't stand up to walk up the stairs to bed.
It was like that scene out of Wolf of Wallstreet when Leo tried to climb down the stairs to drive the Lambo back home. I was climbing the stairs like a friggin' lizard just to get to my room.
It's a miracle I didn't die in my sleep that night.
I vowed never again and it scared me enough that I have held true on that.
Now I only do beer and whiskey and a bong load to make me sleepy. It's medicinal.
My psych said you can’t OD on those. Even mixed with alcohol.

What kills you on OD of narcotics is it suppresses your breathing.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I was going to post a funny picture and some sarcasm.

Then I remembered that people in this thread lost people.

Sorry again for the losses.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Man my heart hurts for him, you, and the fam….sorry bro.

there was a spate of OD’s across the north fork of eastern Long Island this week. Traced back to a single batch of coke laced with fentanyl. Pretty small semi rural area, 8 dead kids within like 10 miles of one another. Sure glad fentanyl wasn’t really a thing yet (I don’t think) when I was jamming every bit of blow I could find up my nose, back in the late 90s early 00s. Anything from high end delivery quality, to cement dust off of 13th and 1st. I would have found a fentanyl batch eventually
Update on this- they caught the two dealers and they’re facing multiple manslaughter counts

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Prob right.

My psych said you’d likely fall asleep before getting to an OD point.
Your psych sounds like a doofus.

Heart stops beating, you stop breathing.
Shortly thereafter, you're pronounced dead.

Don't ask me how I know.....

R. I. P. Jaime. Patricia. 'Chino', 'Cuervo', etc...

MORTAL AS A HEART ATTACK MY FRIEND.

:shameonyou: