Dave Calvan
No Billabong???

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
No Billabong???
The Billabong Pipe Masters (Dec 8-20, 2021) swapped waiting periods with the Volcom Pipe Pro (Jan 29-Feb 10, 2022). The Volcom changed sponsors and became the HIC Pipe Pro (won by JJF and Moana Wong). The Triple Crown of Surfing is virtual again and sponsored by Vans. So the Billabong Pro Pipeline is coming up at the end of the month. The Da Hui Backdoor Shootout maintained the same waiting period (Jan 4-16, 2022).

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Top 4 surfers after 2 rounds:
Mason Ho
Zeke Lau
John John Florence
Eli Olson
Top 4 teams:
Team Florence
Snapt4
Da Hui Japan
Quiksilver

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Funny. I saw the comment about Lau surfing better and thought, cause he's on Wade's boards. Then I read your comments. Speaking of which, got one board from Wade which should be done any time now, a 10'0, and just finalized an order for a 4X. Mahalo Teeroi for the insight on the 4X compared to the 4VC.
Yeah Bullnutts. Surfed with Wade over the weekend was going to ask him about your boar. But he’s a frother and catches tons of insiders in the hour he’s out. So I only had a few snippets of conversation. He’s was planning to surf the outer reefs on the Eastside but the swell didn’t wrap as hoped. So he was absolutely killing it on a eps/epoxy 8’6 in shoulder high waves.

Our friend Ricks son was riding a Zeke trade-in and I told Wade I think Zeke has been surfing on a different level since he got on your boars. Wade shook his head and goes oooh that guy does damage. I asked if he breaks more boars than Jamie and Wade goes way more. But they’re trying 6oz on the bottom of Zekes NS boars cause Zeke wants his step ups a little heavier.

Reactions: Bullnutts

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
I appreciate the thought, teeroi. Yuki posted the board on her Instagram page this week. Camo. Believe it was painted a few weeks back and was told this week it's getting glassed when I finalized the 4X. Really looking forward to both of those boards. Wade's boards are always good, Just that the archer needs to get in better surfing shape. May see one or both at your favorite South Shore spot some months from now. And Lau looks pretty solid. Not the typical pro size. I would imagine he's quite hard on boards. Enjoy those NW swells this week.

Reactions: teeroi

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Looking at the current forecast, winds are better through the period and weekend swell has been dialed down (since earlier forecasts). I'm guessing they'll pull the trigger and run the final day today (Thu). Think they still need to finish up SUP, longboard, and bodysurfing. We'll know in a few hours.

Reactions: LipService