Backdoor Shootout: It's On!

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The guy who won the contest rides boards a foot plus longer than everyone else. :unsure:

Not a good look for Carissa et all to pull out and be replaced by women in their 30s and 40s imo. Say what you want about the womens' performance but watching someone paddle into a bomb at pipe with one arm was mental.

Was there a single CT surfer in the women's field?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Nope, Carissa, Malia, and Coco were supposed to be on the team with Moana but all pulled out.
too pumping? seen some clips of Carissa on some solid waves out there. Maybe they don't want to risk injury unless it's for comps that actually pay them

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The guy who won the contest rides boards a foot plus longer than everyone else. :unsure:

Not a good look for Carissa et all to pull out and be replaced by women in their 30s and 40s imo. Say what you want about the womens' performance but watching someone paddle into a bomb at pipe with one arm was mental.

Why did the others pull out?
Moana and Bethany put on A++ performances.

What's the thought on Mason's boards, who cares what size a board is? What if someone wanted to ride a 4'9''?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I'm not a total Mason fanboi, but I love seeing him on those big spears. 7'6 bladed out baby swallow.

Too bad there weren't any 2nd reef roll-ins (that I saw, anyway).

Reactions: rowjimmytour