Back from the Bukit

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Just got back Friday and absolutely scored! Lucked into being there for the Surfline feature swell "Indo opens for business" last Thursday and man was it a sick swell. Stayed right at Bingin so primarily surfed there and Impossible's. Bingin super crowded with a tight take off zone but Impossibles when its double overhead with bigger sets, WOW! Had no idea it got that good and actually holds up and connects the bigger it gets. Saw Dean "Dingo" Morrison get one that must of been a 1/4 mile long reeling down the entire length of the reef. Celebrated the session doing a few "Shoeys" at The Cashew Tree later that evening. Padang was firing on all cylinders which drew a lot of people away from other spots down the reef. Uluwatu was a complete sh!t show and not worth the time dodging idiots and drop ins. Scored Balangan as good as it gets according to a local and probably my best session of the trip there. Crowded lineups everywhere in Bali so don't expect to ever surf with less than 40 guys at any given spot under 12ft. In addition to firing surf Bali is littered with hot babes everywhere which makes for nice eye candy in-between sessions while hangin at the Warungs. Met two "fun" ones from Amsterdam :dancing: Bali is non-stop action in and out of the water!

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Yes sir! Thanks for sharing the stock! will you be surfing scripps soon? ha ha

Heading over that way in a few days

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
casa_mugrienta said:
92122 said:
Looks so gnar! How were the paddle outs?
This. Arms on fire?
For Bingin/Impossibles relatively easy as there is a nice channel in the reef just before the Bingin shelf. Time the sets and it's a dry hair mellow paddle out. The tricky part was dodging the outside Impossibles clean up sets which seemed to mow down even the furthest guys out. Saw more skin and flesh left on the reef at Bingin than any other spot on the Bukit, super sketchy inside reef at low tide.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Where did you stay out? Any recommendations for accommodations? Bummer that it's thaaaaat crowded but I guess you can still get waves when it's pumping.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
kool-aid said:
Where did you stay out? Any recommendations for accommodations? Bummer that it's thaaaaat crowded but I guess you can still get waves when it's pumping.
The Tiki House Villa at the end of Jalan Pantai Bingin. Sweet 2br Villa $150/night split between my buddies and I. The Pantai Cemongkak scenic overlook is right next to it and offers a great view point to check the surf up and down the coast from. Solid Indo swells are usually super consistent with plenty of waves per set. This swell had 15 wave sets every 7 minutes keeping the lineups constantly rotating.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
So sikk. I'd be stoked on the little wave and beach out front the place. Don't suppose you could get straight down the cliff from the house though.

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
as crowded as Bali is, Its always the best time. If you cant have fun there I dont know what to tell you.