Back Foot Back B!tch!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Noel should do an episode on surf etiquette in the water. lol.

I watched some kid paddle into Noel's wave and Noel said "I got it" 2 or 3 times. The grom blew the wave for Noel and Noel ended up going left at the last minute because the kids blew the right for him. Noel calmly and casually paddled back to the lineup... found the kid and told him... "1 time grom - 1 time. 2 times you back off". The kid shook his head in agreement. You could tell in his body language he understood and he was apologetic.

It was like a Dad telling his kid what he did wrong. I enjoyed it.

Since Noel surfs Lowers as much as he does and such a large following i think an episode on surf etiquette would helps us all!

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Average joe almost never gets his back foot further back than his front fins on a thruster.
nonsense, an average surfer is competent and can surf top to bottom, kooks are kooks and should be regarded to as so

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Noel should do an episode on surf etiquette in the water. lol.

I watched some kid paddle into Noel's wave and Noel said "I got it" 2 or 3 times. The grom blew the wave for Noel and Noel ended up going left at the last minute because the kids blew the right for him. Noel calmly and casually paddled back to the lineup... found the kid and told him... "1 time grom - 1 time. 2 times you back off". The kid shook his head in agreement. You could tell in his body language he understood and he was apologetic.

It was like a Dad telling his kid what he did wrong. I enjoyed it.

Since Noel surfs Lowers as much as he does and such a large following i think an episode on surf etiquette would helps us all!
:rolleyes:

He's the biggest wave hog out there.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I don't consider kooks as surfers. If you can't even pump down the line you can't surf, just standing there on an oversized board and trimming along the wave in poo stance doesn't qualify anyone as a "surfer".
I’ve been surfing for 40 years and have never considered myself a “surfer”.

I’m me, Duffy. I’m a person.

I surf and have surfed for a long time. I have made choices in my life to ensure and increase my time surfing. I have sacrificed money, relationships and education all for the act of surfing.

Surfing has ruined my life.

But I would never call myself a ‘surfer’.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I don't have a problem admitting I'm a "surfer". I've worked hard to improve and, at this point, feel comfortable saying I'm a "surfer". I would probably never introduce myself that way. But if someone asked, called me a surfer, or asked if I'm a surfer, I would absolutely say "yes".

But as far as a sense of self or an identity... I'm ReForest. :waving:

Reactions: JDJ

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I usually just clarify that "I surf" if someone asks if I'm surfer. I once deeply offended a friend by saying I thought it was weird when people our age still identified as "surfers." To each their own.