Australia

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No, I mean here.

My point in citing that fact is that framing it as a non threat seems dubious.

Don't get me wrong.

If the Aussie want it to burn through the population of fatsos and grandparents, I don't care.

Burn baby burn! :dancing:

PS

How are the Aussies doing on vaccination rates?

They are not all retarded like the US, no?

PS How the with ICU beds?

plenty?

Saying covid is not a threat seems like it requires willful ignorance and defiance, for which the covid would now like to thank them.
Except it isn't a threat to the vast majority of the population

Not more of a threat than the flu is to those same people

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Ok, so you think this is an authoritarian power grab to take away people rights?

And they are using the covid as a guise to do so?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Ok, so you think this is an authoritarian power grab to take away people rights?

And they are using the covid as a guise to do so?
Yes! Right out of Trump’s and the evil republican’s playbook!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What is the right's justification for doing it?

Fear of being subsumed?
Same as the looney left during the trump administration.

Politically speaking, but not limited to that, people by their nature seek out a team they can be comfortable with, where they have some advantage as a group, personally, or both.

I’ve never cared much who is in charge. I don’t understand why so many people wring their hands over it. If it really affects you then what kind of life are you living?

I guarantee you that I have as much or more free time than anyone that posts here. Less than an hour of obligation/day. Running and maintaining a generator. Filling water tanks. Essential stuff. Cold beer and water to bathe with.

I recognize that I’m somewhat of an approaching geriatric age ex surfer. Back when I wasn’t, I never remember politics being discussed. Let’s go surfing. Let’s do a dope deal.

I don’t understand the allure to politics.

Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Australia has 500x less deaths per capita the the USA, a legitimate argument can be made that the lockdowns are not worth the economic and social costs but they do work.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

It's a bigger threat than pronouns or trans or any of that but it's still a Minor Threat. Plus the vaccines have been widely available in the US for months. Just like 99% of the people who get Covid will live, a similar percentage of people dying at this point have decided forgoing the vaccine is an acceptable risk and they're good with it.

I just don't see the room for improvement. Pushing on a rope. Give it up and let 'er rip.

Aus can do what it wants either way. IDGAF. If I saw that on the news I'd change the channel as fast as possible. Good on ya mates and you seem like good people but I just don't care.

Reactions: afoaf and Ifallalot

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Is the "arrestee" still alive? You get KO'd to the point where your bladder lets go, there are good chances there's permanent damage even if you do live. I really hope that wasn't for not wearing a mask.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Is the "arrestee" still alive? You get KO'd to the point where your bladder lets go, there are good chances there's permanent damage even if you do live. I really hope that wasn't for not wearing a mask.
It was for not complying. I assume the arrestee is still alive, but his Beats by Dre headphones got Beat by Dre and they're probably dead.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Same as the looney left during the trump administration.

Politically speaking, but not limited to that, people by their nature seek out a team they can be comfortable with, where they have some advantage as a group, personally, or both.

I’ve never cared much who is in charge. I don’t understand why so many people wring their hands over it. If it really affects you then what kind of life are you living?

I guarantee you that I have as much or more free time than anyone that posts here. Less than an hour of obligation/day. Running and maintaining a generator. Filling water tanks. Essential stuff. Cold beer and water to bathe with.

I recognize that I’m somewhat of an approaching geriatric age ex surfer. Back when I wasn’t, I never remember politics being discussed. Let’s go surfing. Let’s do a dope deal.

I don’t understand the allure to politics.
People get into politics when they get old.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
I was working concession at Raceway Park when the Dead and New Riders
played and Hells Angels assumed the role of security - cause no one was gonna stop
them - and watched them throttle scores of people. Some of the victims seemed
like they wanted it. Like they LIKED it.... :crazy2: