Aussie/NZ COVID.

May 10, 2018
Are you guys allowed outside?

I've seen videos of people being ordered off beaches and out of parks via helicopter, being told the cops are on the way to give fines.

Not being allowed to use public parks and beaches or the outdoors in general because of COVID is anti-science.
I live in Sydney on the northern Beaches. Beaches (both in the water and on the sand) here are busier than I have ever seen in the middle of Winter. Dog Parks and parks are also bustling. You are allowed outside to exercise in your local area (within 5km). But around here no one is policing if you are actually exercising. People sitting on the beach, in parks having a nice old time haha.

The first 3 weeks of this lockdown the surf was pumping. So good. No work meant shitloads of waves. The last 2 weeks have been small to flat. It's about to get good again in a few days though. Best lockdown ever. Actually, the lockdown in autumn last year also saw pumping waves.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
My first jab is booked for the 26th.
Hoping that Bill gates' global elite 5g lizard sperm gets me better mobile coverage.
Queensland is lucky to have level headed individuals such as yourself who are able to make informed risk vs benefit decisions. While the long term effects of the 5G radio frequency is unknown, it is good for our economy and should you wish ever wish to brave the chilly waters of the great southern ocean, Vicco will let you in.

Australia's problem is that it has residents like LifeFromMars who are too scared. I was listening to the radio today on this subject and the commonwealth legislation actually has enough powers to allow our government to drag LFM kicking and screaming into the injection room and roll up his sleeve. They are unlikely to exercise this right, so instead people like him are going to delay Freedom Day for the rest of us.

I'm getting my Astrazeneca booster chip inserted this friday. While I am not keen on giving ASIO direct access to my brainwaves this way I will get some international travel and help free us from these incessant lockdowns.

Reactions: Hazrus and waxfoot

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
copy that.

No vaccine Caca.

waiting on Pfizer but it might take longer because they are sending it all to Sydney.
I wouldn't waste your time at this point. The "vaccines" are ineffective against the delta variant, the major strain circulating now. The CDC has basically acknowledged this. I guess it is another round of lockdowns, which have demonstrably failed everywhere they have been implemented.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I wouldn't waste your time at this point. The "vaccines" are ineffective against the delta variant, the major strain circulating now. The CDC has basically acknowledged this. I guess it is another round of lockdowns, which have demonstrably failed everywhere they have been implemented.
dont listen to ill-informed clowns like this one, the cdc hasn’t acknowledged anything of the sort and there are multiple studies done by medical professionals showing that the vaccines do protect against delta

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Fresh off the grill: https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

• The data reported from these states indicate that breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are extremely rare events among those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see Figure 1). The rate of breakthrough cases reported among those fully vaccinated is well below 1% in all reporting states, ranging from 0.01% in Connecticut to 0.29% in Alaska.
    • The hospitalization rate among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 ranged from effectively zero (0.00%) in California, Delaware, D.C., Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Vermont, and Virginia to 0.06% in Arkansas. (Note: Hospitalization may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
    • The rates of death among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 were even lower, effectively zero (0.00%) in all but two reporting states, Arkansas and Michigan where they were 0.01%. (Note: Deaths may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I know two breakthrough cases with symptoms (mild fever for a few days and no smell/taste).

I love myself a good vaccine and will take as many boosters as they want to give me, but waiving stats that breakthroughs are extremely rare is silly once you personally know more than one of these extremely rare persons.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I read that the Black Plague lasted like 400 years

There is the bacillus (Yersinia pestis) that has been (and still is) infecting humans for a super long time.

Black Death/Black Plague commonly refers to the medieval outbreak in the mid 1300. This event didn't last 400 years.

Source.

When the Black Death arrived in London by January 1349, the city had been waiting with dread for months. Londoners had heard reports of devastation from cities such as Florence, where 60% of people had died of plague the year before. In the summer of 1348, the disease had reached English ports from continental Europe and begun to ravage its way toward the capital. The plague caused painful and frightening symptoms, including fever, vomiting, coughing up blood, black pustules on the skin, and swollen lymph nodes. Death usually came within 3 days.

The city prepared the best way it knew how: Officials built a massive cemetery, called East Smithfield, to bury as many victims as possible in consecrated ground, which the faithful believed would allow God to identify the dead as Christians on Judgment Day. Unable to save lives, the city tried to save souls.

The impact was as dreadful as feared: In 1349, the Black Death killed about half of all Londoners; from 1347 to 1351, it killed between 30% and 60% of all Europeans. For those who lived through that awful time, it seemed no one was safe. In France, which also lost about half its population, chronicler Gilles Li Muisis wrote, “neither the rich, the middling sort, nor the pauper was secure; each had to await God’s will.”

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Or, now here me out, people don’t want to say they didn’t get the vaccine (social impacts) and then got covid and claimed it was a breakthrough Infection.

Reactions: JDJ

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Or, now here me out, people don’t want to say they didn’t get the vaccine (social impacts) and then got covid and claimed it was a breakthrough Infection.
At least for my 2 peeps, they very much got the shot and if anytbing were overkill on the caution and virtue signaling through 2020.

But then 2021 came and they partied in the streets of SF with the other proudly vaccinated millenials as if it was armistice day.

by all means these folks did not get it shopping at the local grocery store. but, they for sure for the shot and a PCR positive result.

Reactions: racer1

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
WTF?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't know no-ting

I'm confused.

But I already got my shots and I can't un-get it.

So I'm just going along for the ride.

I think there is some goal post shifting going on, but whatcha gonna do?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
What . . . what?

So they got the vaccine and claimed the didn't get it?
Didn't get it, but said they got it.

I know a couple people like this. They didn't want to get it, but didn't want to tell people they didn't get it. So they don't say anything when it comes up or if people ask them they just say yeah I got it.

I also know a guy who got the first shot then never bothered to get the second and just says yeah I got vaccinated.

These are anecdotal, but with the vaccine being so polarizing and being a private health issue I could see people not sharing if they did or didn't get it.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Didn't get it, or got one shot of two, then said they got it

I know a couple people like this. They didn't want to get it, but didn't want to tell people they didn't get it. So they don't say anything when it comes up or if people ask them they just say yeah I got it.

I also know a guy who got the first shot then never bothered to get the second and just says yeah I got vaccinated.

These are just anecdotal, but with the vaccine being so polarizing and being a private health issue I could see people not sharing if they did or didn't get it.
I know people who got the first shot in order to get their papers

Reactions: racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It also didn't help that everybody was claiming second shot is bad. I didn't feel anything, but my sister in law and my sister both were down for 24 hours. It probably scared a lot of people away.