As forced closures put people out of business and cripple the economy...

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Name calling? Accusation of anger? Escalatory response.
Uhhhhh. There are at least six-eight people that follow him around with ad hominems pretty much every time he posts. They're even canned ad hominems. Endless replays. I suppose thinking up new insults is taxing on the creativity but whatever. Accusing him of the escalation just seems like a very disingenuous attempt at diversion.

But ya'll are having fun apparently so who am I to say?

Reactions: redrider

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Uhhhhh. There are at least six-eight people that follow him around with ad hominems pretty much every time he posts. They're even canned ad hominems. Endless replays. I suppose thinking up new insults is taxing on the creativity but whatever. Accusing him of the escalation just seems like a very disingenuous attempt at diversion.

But ya'll are having fun apparently so who am I to say?
I'm not one of those people. AFAIK, I've not resorted to name-calling with anyone here. I'm trying to have civil conversation.

I'll add that I don't think the name calling is productive on either side.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrider and GWS_2

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Go outside. Look all around you. What is your explanation?
Great Spaghetti Monster!

The Cosmic Power!

Infity

Random behavior of particles

We're just a program in the matrix

Greek Gods

Babylonia Gods

Butterflies dreaming they are something else

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Name calling? Accusation of anger? Escalatory response.
I suggest you go back and read the sequence of the thread. It was you who lost your sh!t over my simple question. It was not me who called you juvenile and I certainly did not insult your beliefs. Its obvious you have some issues with this.

If a pastor, rabbi or priest is out of the question I would suggest a psychiatrist to help you work through the issues you're struggling with. Go outside. Enjoy the remainder of this glorious summer weekend. Take a look around you. Ask yourself where did it all come from. How did you get here. Ponder the meaning of life. Cheers. :cheers:

Such a juvenile "argument."

I don't require one. It is what it is. I can enjoy it without attributing it to a mythical creature with cult-like followers.

Why do people need this crutch?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
The Bible teaches one God in three persons. What do you think?
Oh, what about the other religions with other gods? The same reasons you have to believe god exists probably works for the,, but with different gods.

but whatever
what I really wanted to post is that theres no time that your avatar fits you better than when you’re god posting

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Oh, what about the other religions with other gods? The same reasons you have to believe god exists probably works for the,, but with different gods.
Which religion are you referring to and what are its claims?
but whatever
what I really wanted to post is that theres no time that your avatar fits you better than when you’re god posting
I'm karen when I talk about God? That's capital "g" to you. :poke:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Which religion are you referring to and what are its claims?

I'm karen when I talk about God? That's capital "g" to you. :poke:
easten religions come to mind. Not sure how many god there are in the Hindu religion
Buddhism has a different god, and not sure what their “god” to “persons” ratio
i don’t know if what native Americans believed and practiced is considered a religion
and then we can’t forget the muslims and Jews, with their overlapping gods

i grew up very Roman Catholic, 10 years in Catholic school
I had faith, or what I refer to it now as being successfully brainwashed for years

if you believe, while I don’t understand or share you’re belief, enjoy
if you question disbelief or try to convince anyone why your belief is true, then i’ll Engage in questioning you
if you up your argument, I might also, which could potentially include mocking

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
i grew up very Roman Catholic, 10 years in Catholic school
Usually, this is the case.
if you believe, while I don’t understand or share you’re belief, enjoy
if you question disbelief or try to convince anyone why your belief is true, then i’ll Engage in questioning you
if you up your argument, I might also, which could potentially include mocking
I've made no argument. What do you believe now?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Uhhhhh. There are at least six-eight people that follow him around with ad hominems pretty much every time he posts. They're even canned ad hominems.
Name calling fallacy =/ ad hominem.

For example, Grossfatstupiddad = name calling fallacy =/ad hominem. :dancing:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
"Ask yourself where did it all come from. How did you get here."

Go ahead and answer your own question, fatso.

Can't wait to hear.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Usually, this is the case.

I've made no argument. What do you believe now?
I believe in the goodness of human nature

im not sure if jesus was a real person, however, I still think that “what would Jesus do?” is a good way to consider options

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
baptised a lutheran in germany but I'm not religious more superstitious to my cultural deities.
but many of my family found solace in this particular faith of them all
If I were forced to choose I would probably go the same path.
The stories told are all the same as are the desires of the manipulators of those stories

baha'u'llah
all gods, all religions are the same
none is better
none is alone

Baha'i
one of the few religions that recognizes all religions as manifestations of god.

Religion, according to Baháʼu'lláh, is renewed periodically by Manifestations of God, people who reflect perfections through divine intervention and whose teachings are the sources of the major world religions throughout history. Baháʼu'lláh wrote that there are no perfect personalities, that former Messengers of God reflected God's perfections, that there will be future Messengers of God, and that this is a key concept for understanding how all people are one with Messenger's of God. For instance, Christ is seen as embodying God by reflecting God, but he is not seen as being the whole embodiment of God. He is seen as being given his power. Baháʼís view Baháʼu'lláh as the most recent of these teachers whose mission includes the spiritual unification of the entire planet through the eradication of racism and nationalism.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Is your God a male deity?
God is a spirit and does not have a body like men. We use anthropomorphic language to describe him as Father.
I believe in the goodness of human nature
What evidence do you have for that?

im not sure if jesus was a real person, however, I still think that “what would Jesus do?” is a good way to consider options
Doesn't it make more sense to decide if he was real first, then decide what he would do?