Artsy 14' Downwind Paddleboard Thread

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Wanna build me one and pay to ship back east while you are at it? JK, keep us posted on the build, sounds interesting.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
definitely keep me posted. never been on an actual downwind board, but i've got a frickin hard core/soft outer shell jr. lifeguard rescue board (8'6?) and the thing MIGHT be a hair over 18 inches wide. the concave bottom REALLY makes a difference between how wobbly i'd expect it (on waves) vs. how controllable it actually is.

how long you going? who made your friend's?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
as i've been todl that dowwind ideal is double concave. the single i've got on that joke of a jr lifeguard sprint thing makes a difference. there are plenty of guys who padel hull and flat bottoms in everything

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Thanks for the input.

Is the concave the full length, or just the back half. How much are we talking about? 1/8" or more?
deep-ish and up front. The back is going to have to be round into VEE out the back of the pin tail. Nose needs to be round going into concave going round into vee. The rails have to be round and soft going down into the bottom. Round rails hold sharp rails release. Downwind you want hold and stick so when you roll rail to rail you don’t fall off the side.