Armstrong/Freedom Foilboards

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
A clip i shot yesterday. I told him to get close on his next pass, he stepped just outside my normal comfort zone. The fisheye of the gropro is deceptive, his foil almost hit my housing...and he was kinda off balance coming into the turn, and I'd never shot this guy before so wasn't confident in his abilities. I got lucky this time.

Another interesting note, watch the bubble vortex as it moves from the wingtip when breached and it slides down to the center of the wing.

Reactions: grendel95

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Looks pretty sick in .25 times speed. Can you get that same shot now, but with someone on the NL GoFoil wings?

Also, has anyone else been trying "breech" turns when pumping back out and there is no wave. On the 900 you can breech it and the wing turns real quick like a u-turn. On the 760 which has a gullwing shape, I can breech the tip, but it doesn't turn. Just wants to go straight and I fall over. I can't tell if it's a function of the high aspect wing that turns faster when you get it fully sideways like that, or if it's because the 760 doesn't pump as fast so I have less speed.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Looks pretty sick in .25 times speed. Can you get that same shot now, but with someone on the NL GoFoil wings?

Also, has anyone else been trying "breech" turns when pumping back out and there is no wave. On the 900 you can breech it and the wing turns real quick like a u-turn. On the 760 which has a gullwing shape, I can breech the tip, but it doesn't turn. Just wants to go straight and I fall over. I can't tell if it's a function of the high aspect wing that turns faster when you get it fully sideways like that, or if it's because the 760 doesn't pump as fast so I have less speed.

I've seen Kane (@kdmaui) do the tips out pump out you speak of.