Are you a penny pinching regularfoot on a time crunch looking for a surf trip destination?

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
Ticla? We used to call it “weak-la”. Spent about 3 to 4 months a year in Michoacán and Colima in the first half of the 90s. My last trip there the cocaine had replaced the weed. Bummer.

Mexico and El Salvador are different countries. That’s like mentioning Nova Scotia in a thread about trestles. I’m all for reminiscing about Ticla but why in this thread?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Colin said:
Ticla? We used to call it “weak-la”. Spent about 3 to 4 months a year in Michoacán and Colima in the first half of the 90s. My last trip there the cocaine had replaced the weed. Bummer.

Mexico and El Salvador are different countries. That’s like mentioning Nova Scotia in a thread about trestles. I’m all for reminiscing about Ticla but why in this thread?
To talk oneself up about how core they were for going to Ticla :shrug:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Autoprax said:
GWS said:
Autoprax said:
Hypo-vigilant people trip me out.
That's me. I didn't become like that in a vacuum. It's kind of where I was forced to go.
No, you are hyper-not hypo.

#metoo
Excuse my ignorance, but specifically what is the difference.

I’m definitely one of them. Heh heh.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Colin said:

If you knew steakie you'd understand. La Ticla was pretty much Deep South Texas for a long time.

Now back to El Salvador. Two of my buddies went to Las Flores for a week. Before the trip the camp advised them to bring a few things that weren't readily a available. Antibiotics for stomach problems. I was WTF. They don't sell antibiotics in El Salvador? That raised a flag for me. So I had a Dr. friend write them a script so they could buy them here and off they went. When they got there Occy and a crew of BBongers were there. The waves were sh!t onshore the whole time they were there. Huuuge bar bill. And thet was without the midnight run with the Bong crew to the after hours place. Both of them only are at the camp and didn't catch anything that they hadn't caught living here so there was that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
92122 said:
Autoprax said:
GWS said:
Autoprax said:
Hypo-vigilant people trip me out.
That's me. I didn't become like that in a vacuum. It's kind of where I was forced to go.
No, you are hyper-not hypo.

#metoo
Excuse my ignorance, but specifically what is the difference.

I’m definitely one of them. Heh heh.
Hypo-: Prefix meaning low, under, beneath, down, or below normal, as in hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and hyposensitivity (undersensitivity). The opposite of hypo- is hyper-.

JLW

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 7, 2004
went there in 2012. it was fine, honestly. never felt in danger, although i tried to keep a low profile. i also have brown skin and blend in well with the locals though. the waves were great. not too crowded, although i hear that has changed. i stayed in el tunco which is supposedly very safe when compared to other areas. still close to punta roca and footsteps away from some fun rivermouths and other lesser pointbreaks that are clearly visible and well-documented.