Are the feds about to roll tanks on Portlandia?

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Their protests at the Mayor's home might have been mostly peaceful but he still couldn't take it. Maybe he should have just given them what they want.

This is the part I don't really understand. Dude is Woke AF, tells Trump to F off, and he gets woke scolded at home. It's why I don't participate in activism. This movement seems to "dismantle" and "deconstruct" everything pretty mindlessly as long as there is a power difference. As soon as you're in the milieu you're in the crosshairs. Pretty Maoist really.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
This is the part I don't really understand. Dude is Woke AF, tells Trump to F off, and he gets woke scolded at home. It's why I don't participate in activism. This movement seems to "dismantle" and "deconstruct" everything pretty mindlessly as long as there is a power difference. As soon as you're in the milieu you're in the crosshairs. Pretty Maoist really.
Maybe, just maybe, you don't understand why people are angry at Wheeler.

Could it be?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
maybe most people don’t understand the politics of the Pacific Northwest. It’s too fvckin complicated to understand.
and using jingoisms, empty catchwords to describe...anything, is not helping his understanding at all.

It's like he is not really interested in understanding.

Would attitudes such as this make people angry :unsure:

Reactions: plasticbertrand

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
if Richmond can burn their own city, why can’t Portland?
States Rights. If the population of a town want to break their toys, and the elected Government of that place doesn't prevent it, then me as an outsider am not in a position to do anything.

While I disagree with any act of violence, I am not in a position to act.

But I'm a bit confused by Richmond. The Northern Army did that. Or were u being sarcastic?

Reactions: hal9000