Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I think they're just retards. Look at the bugs on here - they may be able to do their day-jobs but they can't think at all. This is all getting away from them rapidly and there's nothing they can do.
Meanwhile, you systematically side with Russia because the Orangeman did and cuz Biden/Burisma/Ukraine/Hunter etc etc. Plus it fits your narrative about the US fading into oblivion (while ignoring Russia's far bigger demographic problems) and your religion-fueled bias towards all things "end of days" . . . . And yet we are the ones who can't think at all :unsure: :roflmao: :trout:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
YOU'VE MADE YOURSELF A POWERFUL ENEMY, PUTIN!
TAKE THAT, PUTIN!
Russian defense analyst Alexey Ramm stated in Izvestia that the two-stage design of the US Conventional Prompt Strike hypersonic weapon suggests an unnecessarily complicated design requiring proper integration of multiple subsystems and thus numerous tests.

In contrast, the Russian Zircon hypersonic missile does not require a second stage to function successfully.

Failures were caused by poor design, test planning, and preflight testing deficiencies; poor fabrication; poor management; and lack of rigorous government oversight…The tendency of the government and program managers to trivialize the causes of these costly failures, combined with the aggressive schedule… has led to a ‘rush to failure.’”
Yep, that sounds like us - just like the F-35 and every other weapon system we build. Why build something simple, cheap and effective when you can build something gold-plated, complicated and hard to repair that requires parts from all 50 states?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Why build something simple, cheap and effective when you can build something gold-plated, complicated and hard to repair that requires parts from all 50 states?
You already know a possible/probable answer to this question, and depending on your outlook, it is:

1) Pork for constituents

2) Spreading the tax payer money around

And also because outspending* the "other side" did work....no more CCCP is proof of that.

* - outspending was just part of things

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
YOU'VE MADE YOURSELF A POWERFUL ENEMY, PUTIN!
TAKE THAT, PUTIN!
Yet the US can still get some people to volunteer, it’s just getting harder. Meanwhile, Russia is forcing young men to serve. Funny how you complain about our own demographic struggles while ignoring that of Russia which is far worse.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
More proof that Swamp department heads are special needs.

I don't know what log Wray has been living under for the past 30 years but we lose control of our IP when we make things in foreign countries. Apple can't leave China even if they want to because Foxconn owns their mfg processes. TSMC makes a huge number of vital semiconductors and computer microchips they've stolen from Americans they eventually put out of business. Two years ago, Intel was talking about going fabless, presumably using TSMC as the contract mfr. When China re-nationalizes Taiwan, they will own all of this IP.

Even when something ISN'T made in China, the CCP copies it. I'd like to walk Wray down the floor of a trade show and show him how our stuff and our competitors' stuff is copied down to the bugs by CCP government enterprises.

Then there are the Chinese we import here. My sister works for a government agency that busts middle-aged Chinese men for IP theft all the time. One of my Chinese college profs was arrested and convicted for doing this. Why are we importing spies? Close our borders to Chinese.

I wish Wray the best of luck waving a magic wand and trying to erase the last 30-40 years of history. There are still enough Boomers around who know how to manufacture stuff, but they're leaving the workforce quickly. Re-industrialization is possible, but impotent whining about China will do nothing.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
  • Love
Reactions: PRCD

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Chomsky will always blame the West in general and the US Government in particular for all the world's problems.

He blames NATO expansionism yet never mentions that it's the West's response to 2014 Russia taking Crimea by force from Ukraine and Putin began talking of rebuilding the USSR.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Chomsky will always blame the West in general and the US Government in particular for all the world's problems.

He blames NATO expansionism yet never mentions that it's the West's response to 2014 Russia taking Crimea by force from Ukraine and Putin began talking of rebuilding the USSR.
Yes, for a genius he is always predictable. I agree that the West is offering no long term solutions for the Ukrainians.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

Go back further. Before 2014, before Putin. Im not saying Putin is at all justified but to pretend that our hands are clean is untrue I think.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Go back further. Before 2014, before Putin. Im not saying Putin is at all justified but to pretend that our hands are clean is untrue I think.

Interesting article. Russia has definitely been pissed about NATO exansion but NATO would be a much more benign neighbor if they didn't keep doing things like invading Crimea, Georgia, and now Ukraine.

The author makes it sound like NATO expansion was all America's doing. Fact was, Poland and the Baltics and Romania all wanted to be in NATO, just like Finland and Sweden now do. They feared a future Russian resurgence that would try to take them back into the fold by force, and they figured NATO would be their guardian angel that would allow them to build their economies and join in with the Western prosperity train. Decades later, Putin started talking about reforming the Soviet Union and sure enough, before long tanks were rolling on Ukraine. Which totally validated those countries' asking to get into NATO, at least in their minds.