Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Vojvodina je Magyarorszag!

And there should be a Kurdistan. Between Ayatollah assface, Erdogan, Assad, the Royal Family scumbags in Saudi Arabia/Kuwait, and the potatoes who keep electing Netanyahu, they are probably more ready than most tbh fam.

But I think your point is, listening to us talk about Kurdistan, the Hmong, Uighers, etc. is like listening to you talk about the First and Second Amendments?

Holy sh!t that must be annoying! You have the patience of a SAINT!
It's really not that hard to notice that every ethnically, culturally and religiously homogenous region that wanted independence, did so with little fuss or a war. History is important too.
Maybe a little skirmish here and the along the border.

Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakian Velvet Divorce and even Croatia eventually became independent (maybe with some fuss) - the fuss seems to be always proportional to the size of the minority living in the newly established country.

People forget that America is a very, very young and unique country, where melting pot actually works (to a point).
Not so in the regions with centuries of conflict and messy history.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
IMHO it's Lukashenko demonstrating what a good lapdog he can be, before he "gets disappeared" and it becomes another set of Oblasts or Raions or whatever in the Russian Federation.

The Ukrainians are fighting maybe better than the Russians expected, but this does look like Putin sent in the expendables and some ancient rusted sh!t and is trying to have a country worth exploiting when he's done.

They start this thermobaric sh!t and old school Red Army-style artillery, and a shitload of Ukrainian civilians are going to die in a really bad way.

The right is in total disarray, just like the left.

Access to information, and disinformation, is the cause of this.

Those who share our general philosophy on this topic - essentially what test_article has labeled "punk rock delusions" - will never be elected to public office.
Couldn't disagree more about the right being in total disarray. The politicians are more boojie than the base, but the anti-CRT/woke thing appears to be selling like hotcakes.

IMHO yoaure correct about the left being in disarray, but I think that's because 2/3 of the left wants to try to win an election, and 1/3 of the left wants radical economic and social change and has zero concept of electoral/political realities.

Mike Gravel, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich, etc. have all held elected office.

If you mean Presidency and the Presidency only, then yes I agree 110%. Those people are legendary at getting their asses kicked in Presidential elections.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's really not that hard to notice that every ethnically, culturally and religiously homogenous region that wanted independence, did so with little fuss or a war. History is important too.
Maybe a little skirmish here and the along the border.

Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakian Velvet Divorce and even Croatia eventually became independent (maybe with some fuss) - the fuss seems to be always proportional to the size of the minority living in the newly established country.

People forget that America is a very, very young and unique country, where melting pot actually works (to a point).
Not so in the regions with centuries of conflict and messy history.
Yes, the Troubles were good times! Zero ethnic conflicts in Africa! I hear Kashmir is lovely. India/Pakistan/Bangladesh group hug mode activated.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What a looser.
Too bad Goldwater wasn't a part of the Old Right.:trout:

Plenty of the right has despised war, in modern times however they couldn't win an election (still won't).

They were relegated to running on alternative party tickets, the Ron Paul campaign, The American Conservative Magazine, and Justin Raimundo's AntiWar.com

Some maybe.

The right is in total disarray, just like the left.

Access to information, and disinformation, is the cause of this.

Those who share our general philosophy on this topic - essentially what test_article has labeled "punk rock delusions" - will never be elected to public office.
Well, you brought up the Vietnam war. If Republicans were in charge, Hanoi would have been the new Hiroshima.

That's not very anti-war.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So Thatcher and the rest of the coalition in Gulf 1: Infidels in The Kingdom are absolved? Did the Ukrainians only vote for Timoshenko or Zelensky because of the US?

You don't think this war has ANYTHING to do with Putin's political standing domestically?
Like I said, to blame like we were to blame for 9/11.

The only factor? No.

A significant factor? Yes.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Are you trying to prove my point?

Why thanks you. :love:
No, I'm trying to say you Continentals are as bad as any Anglo, ever. The Irish were at it for centuries. There are still peace walls or whatever the f--k they call them all over Belfast, which was even more dangerous than Detroit, Baltimore, or St. Louis, for decades. The wars in South Asia were not fun times.

I am pulling down my pants and taking a sh!t on your point.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Like I said, to blame like we were to blame for 9/11.

The only factor? No.

A significant factor? Yes.
I agree OBL was hacked off about the Infidel being Saudi Arabia and that appeared to be cause numero uno for 9/11.

I disagree that the US actions are the primary/main/majority/plurality contributor to what is happening in Ukraine right now. I think Russia's economy was swirling in the toilet already, and Putin's popularity was sagging.

Reactions: $kully

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A more complex question would involve the issues surrounding the region, the participating parties, and their various supporters/detractors.
You, my friend, have come to the wrong place.

See post #1,435. He's covered it. If you want more info, just look at his post history.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
No, I'm trying to say you Continentals are as bad as any Anglo, ever. The Irish were at it for centuries. There are still peace walls or whatever the f--k they call them all over Belfast, which was even more dangerous than Detroit, Baltimore, or St. Louis, for decades. The wars in South Asia were not fun times.

I am pulling down my pants and taking a sh!t on your point.
Well that's kind of what I was saying. Maybe the Google translate doesn't work that well with Serbian. :monkey:

Ireland was not a homogenous country, culturally or religiously. Hence Belfast.