our esteemed (?) Secretary of State has stated if we do not stop them it will
encourage others to do the same.
The 'ol domino theory.
Didn't work out so well for us in Vietnam...:shameonyou:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Does anyone really think Russia can afford a war?
Does anyone think they need to like...write checks for one or something? Plus their key European ally Germany will pay for it.

Russia doesn't want a war. They also don't want NATO on their border...just like we don't want Russia moving into NATO territory. That's what this is about. There's a lot of reasons to be pissed at Russia...this one is hypocritical.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Look at the bright side.....when they start wagging this dog they can stop wagging the other one. Then everyone can put their masks away.
This was my thought. Russia! is our next hysteria. The libbies will shift to calling for blood in a country they can't find on a map rather than from the unvaccinated.
Wag the Dog with Nukes! I was waiting for a remake.

The masks are likely permanent for these people though:

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Does anyone think they need to like...write checks for one or something? Plus their key European ally Germany will pay for it.

Russia doesn't want a war. They also don't want NATO on their border...just like we don't want Russia moving into NATO territory. That's what this is about. There's a lot of reasons to be pissed at Russia...this one is hypocritical.
maybe this would be a good time for Russia to stop being assholes and make peace

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Just my uneducated opinion but I think Putin thought he could roll on Ukraine the way he did with Crimea, and the West would bitch and moan but because of the gas pipelines he would ultimately get his way with little more fighting than local guerilla resistance - a proverbial walk in the park.

I suspect he is surprised that NATO is moving troops and Biden is putting forces on alert and if Putin goes in he actually might have a war on his hands.

Reactions: test_article

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
That's not how it all went down and is an extremely simplistic take:

I think the "buildup" on the Ukraine border is a feint and the Russians have already infiltrated like the NVA infiltrated Saigon during the Tet offensive. IOW, the Russians only need to run up their flag.
Yes, a very simplistic take and not the whole picture but it is a key element that has led up to this situation. And for sure, the Russians have already infiltrated the Ukraine. They never really left, just assimilated until the the time came for reunification with Mother R. New boss same as the old boss.....

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
they've been rooting for Russia for years
Obama didn't exactly kick Putin in the balls when that ferret annexed Crimea.

Which is why Vlad believes he can do the same to the Ukraine with Brandon in the white house.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Biden's remarks comes as top Pentagon officials Friday said the build-up of Russian troops along Ukraine's border is the largest since the Cold War. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley warned that conflict in Eastern Europe would be "horrific." Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin stressed that it is "not inevitable," maintaining that there is "still time and space for diplomacy" as the Kremlin continues to threaten a major incursion in Ukraine. 4D66FF2D-A47C-4330-8D11-A189E1042781.jpeg

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Biden's remarks comes as top Pentagon officials Friday said the build-up of Russian troops along Ukraine's border is the largest since the Cold War. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley warned that conflict in Eastern Europe would be "horrific." Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin stressed that it is "not inevitable," maintaining that there is "still time and space for diplomacy" as the Kremlin continues to threaten a major incursion in Ukraine. View attachment 123341
LOL yes, 6.9% Q4 GDP growth is destroying the economy.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL