Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
PRCD seems to think kids aren't joining the military these days because they are delicate snowflakes with hurt fee fees and not that the past 20 years have made it clear to anyone with half a brain that the military is not at all about "protecting our freedoms"?
It doesn't seem like you read my posts, because this is exactly why GWOT veterans are telling younger guys not to join. Like most Boomers, you're used to talking AT people rather than listening. Boomers will never grow up.

I don't know why you care anyways, gramps. Did you serve?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
It doesn't seem like you read my posts, because this is exactly why GWOT veterans are telling younger guys not to join. Like most Boomers, you're used to talking AT people rather than listening. Boomers will never grow up.

I don't know why you care anyways, gramps. Did you serve?
I'm probably younger than you, and it sounds like you misunderstood my post you poor little victim.

Of course I did not serve. Not a chance in hell I would have signed up to go on Bush's middle eastern adventures.

I feel bad for those that signed up and went because they didn't have better options for upward mobility. I DGAF about those who were dumb enough to want to fight the axis of evil LMAO.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm probably younger than you, and it sounds like you misunderstood my post you poor little victim.

Of course I did not serve. Not a chance in hell I would have signed up to go on Bush's middle eastern adventures.
Not sure what you're beefing with then but you sound like a bitter grandpa.
I feel bad for those that signed up and went because they didn't have better options for upward mobility.
You don't understand why people serve then.

I DGAF about those who were dumb enough to want to fight the axis of evil LMAO.
You DGAF but have to weigh-in on something you DGAF about and you're super smart for pointing out stuff you DGAF about. Also you have no experience but a lot of opinions. This seems pretty common with you bugmen.

:waving:

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA

You DGAF but have to weigh-in on something you DGAF about and you're super smart for pointing out stuff you DGAF about.

So I was right that a lot of military people enlisted to fight to protect our freedom then, or...?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not sure what you're beefing with then but you sound like a bitter grandpa.

You DGAF but have to weigh-in on something you DGAF about and you're super smart for pointing out stuff you DGAF about. Also you have no experience but a lot of opinions. This seems pretty common with you bugmen.

He's talking about your sad ass victim bullshit like white males are demonized or persecuted.

You people (white conservatives) get mad every time a high school/community college student who works at McDonald's says wypipo on Twitter and a cop doesn't bludgeon them into a coma instantly.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
No. You're just a bug. You wouldn't understand.
Why did they enlist then?

Seems all the smart ones enlisted for the benefits (pay, path to college, cushy career sucking the teat of the MIC.) I want to know what the less smart soldiers were thinking.

It would be good to understand a bit more about your derangement beyond the jesus rot.

Reactions: mundus

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Why did they enlist then?
If you're so smart, why do you need to ask these questions? There are a wealth of resources at your fingertips. Can't you figure this out on you own? Further, if you DGAF, what are you doing here?

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
If you're so smart, why do you need to ask these questions? There are a wealth of resources at your fingertips. Can't you figure this out on you own? Further, if you DGAF, what are you doing here?
Thank you for the suggestion.

This piece from the Military Times suggest that 53% of those enlisted did so for logical reasons (what I would call smart) and 47% enlisted for emotional reasons/marketing (what I would call less smart.)

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 12.24.57 PM.png

The reason I ask is that I am trying to lead a thirsty horse (you, a person who thinks that people are no longer enlisting en masse because of a woke agenda) to water (the realization that the past 20 years of foreign policy have shattered the "sense of duty" and "patriotism" marketing narratives.)

Moreover, your critique of this war being different in that its being presented as "good vs evil" is hilarious to me because you fail to realize that the marketing around all the past military interventions, which you no doubt supported, were not in the least bit different. Axis of evil for example.

Finally, your attraction to self-victimhood narratives and penchant for shedding conservative tears makes you no different from the most pathetic progressives. Go scream at the sky.

:shaka:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Thank you for the suggestion.

This piece from the Military Times suggest that 53% of those enlisted did so for logical reasons (what I would call smart) and 47% enlisted for emotional reasons/marketing (what I would call less smart.)

The reason I ask is that I am trying to lead a thirsty horse (you, a person who thinks that people are no longer enlisting en masse because of a woke agenda) to water
Are you capable of understanding that people have a mixture of reasons for doing something and a mixture of reasons would cause them NOT to do something?
(the realization that the past 20 years of foreign policy have shattered the "sense of duty" and "patriotism" marketing narratives.)
Are you special needs? I've been saying this very thing as ONE of the reasons for declining interest in military service. Embrace the power of "AND."
Moreover, your critique of this war being different in that its being presented as "good vs evil" is hilarious to me because you fail to realize that the marketing around all the past military interventions, which you no doubt supported, were not in the least bit different. Axis of evil for example.
Have you read anything I've been posting on this very topic? You seem like you're arguing with someone else on here. Go talk to them.

Finally, your attraction to self-victimhood narratives and penchant for shedding conservative tears makes you no different from the most pathetic progressives. Go scream at the sky.
:shaka:
Great dunk on someone else or someone you've made up in your mind.

Cool man, well you seem like you have a big brain like BugDrink and the other bugmen on here who know a lot about something they have no experience with and they DGAF but can't pull themselves away from these discussions because they have to dunk on someone even if it means attributing fabricated/fictitious positions to those people.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
More proof that Putin wasn't fabricating Ukrainian Nazism, in addition to all the other proofs I posted earlier:

We fought Nazis in WWII, now we're siding with them? Should my grandfathers not have fought? Seems like I came within a hair's breadth of never being born because my paternal grandfather was shot down over Berlin, fell from 25,000 feet after bailing the (B-17) airplane, was shot at by a German fighter pilot after he opened his parachute below 10,000 feet, and then spent 7 months in a prison camp in Poland after he was captured when he hit the ground.

It seems to me this denigrates the sacrifices of guys like him. Whatever is paid-for in blood is given away by Washington (DC).

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
More proof that Putin wasn't fabricating Ukrainian Nazism, in addition to all the other proofs I posted earlier:

We fought Nazis in WWII, now we're siding with them? Should my grandfathers not have fought? Seems like I came within a hair's breadth of never being born because my paternal grandfather was shot down over Berlin, fell from 25,000 feet after bailing the (B-17) airplane, was shot at by a German fighter pilot after he opened his parachute below 10,000 feet, and then spent 7 months in a prison camp in Poland after he was captured when he hit the ground.

It seems to me this denigrates the sacrifices of guys like him. Whatever is paid-for in blood is given away by Washington (DC).
Pretty funny how the "punch a Nazi" crowd supports actual Nazis

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Russia is getting its ass kicked by Ukraines military, now they are bombing civilian areas to go along with all their war crimes. Anyone taking Russia's side are true scumbags.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Roughly how many Nazis are in Ukraine, and how many serve in the government or military?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Russia is getting its ass kicked by Ukraines military, now they are bombing civilian areas to go along with all their war crimes. Anyone taking Russia's side are true scumbags.
There are more than two sides