Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Shot:

Chaser:

"Not two years into a pandemic, and we have warning lights flashing," Maj. Gen. Ed Thomas, the Air Force Recruiting Service commander, wrote in a memo -- leaked in January -- about the headwinds his team faces.

For now, the services are leaning on record-level enlistment and retention bonuses meant to attract and keep America's military staffed and ready -- bonuses that continue to climb.

In an interview with Military.com last month, Thomas didn't mince words. He knows he is competing against the private sector to hire people, from technology giants to regional gas stations.

"If you want to work at Buc-ee's along I-35 in Texas, you can do it for [a] $25-an-hour starting salary," Thomas said. "You can start at Target for $29 an hour with educational benefits. So you start looking at the competition: Starbucks, Google, Amazon. The battle for talent amidst this current labor shortage is intense."
General Thomas is basically retarded for making these comments because if service members looked at their hourly pay as a reason for serving, none would serve. You work so many hours that military pay will never compete with private sector pay. Every 6 days I'd work 22 hours straight instead of the normal 18, and that's still nothing compared to what an Army or Marine infantryman might do in combat or even pre-deployment training. People serve out of love for their country and a sense of duty. If the country is turned into a latifundium for GAE elite, there's no point in loving and serving it in that way, though you might do so locally in other ways.

With US military power imploding, particularly its most-important aspect since the late 1770s, the GAE elite rely more and more on financial weapons. How did those do, in retrospect? Who are the sanctions really hurting?

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Shot:

Chaser:

General Thomas is basically retarded for making these comments because if service members looked at their hourly pay as a reason for serving, none would serve. You work so many hours that military pay will never compete with private sector pay. Every 6 days I'd work 22 hours straight instead of the normal 18, and that's still nothing compared to what an Army or Marine infantryman might do in combat or even pre-deployment training. People serve out of love for their country and a sense of duty. If the country is turned into a latifundium for GAE elite, there's no point in loving and serving it in that way, though you might do so locally in other ways.

With US military power imploding, particularly its most-important aspect since the late 1770s, the GAE elite rely more and more on financial weapons. How did those do, in retrospect? Who are the sanctions really hurting?
You have a serious lack of understanding of generational poverty in that region of the US. Or is it zero empathy?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Can we really say that Biden, the US and NATO "lost" in this case? They are mostly supplying weapons and maybe some training and logistical support. If we were actually supplying troops and actively using our own military and air support it would be very different. This war has been very costly for Russia as well in terms of troops and weapons losses, and has not been nearly as quick and easy as Putin and others here predicted.

That said it seems as though Russia redrawing the map to encompass Donbass is a foregone conclusion. Not sure what the ethnic make up is there and whether or not it is likely to go along with being part of Russia or not, but if not it could be another Chechnya or Georgia.

I really don't get the cheerleading for Russia coming from the Right. The orange koolaid has long lasting effects on both sides of the aisle :toilet:

Reactions: hammies and Aruka

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Can we really say that Biden, the US and NATO "lost" in this case?
Paper of Record (TM)
They are mostly supplying weapons and maybe some training and logistical support. If we were actually supplying troops and actively using our own military and air support it would be very different.
We're also supplying military advisors who are in theater fighting. This is the whole point of our SOF troops. Some have been captured and put on the news you don't see in the US. DoD has acknowledged the loss of two American "mercenaries" in Ukraine recently. We're providing satellite reconnaissance used to target Russian assets and personnel.
This war has been very costly for Russia as well in terms of troops and weapons losses,
We have no way of knowing this. Col. Reisner's YouTube presentations are probably the most-accurate. But the NVA lost 500,000 to our 50,000 in Vietnam and still won. Also, this is costly for us. Who wants to win more and needs it more? Russia.
and has not been nearly as quick and easy as Putin and others here predicted.
After we refused to negotiate, I admittedly hoped their coup de main would've succeeded to minimize loss of life and possibility of escalation, but that doesn't mean Russia had no back-up plan.
That said it seems as though Russia redrawing the map to encompass Donbass is a foregone conclusion. Not sure what the ethnic make up is there and whether or not it is likely to go along with being part of Russia or not, but if not it could be another Chechnya or Georgia.
It wasn't a foregone conclusion. We could've negotiated. The Russians have always regarded Ukraine as part of Russia and as a buffer with the West. Now they're achieving what they want through "politics through other means."

I really don't get the cheerleading for Russia coming from the Right. The orange koolaid has long lasting effects on both sides of the aisle :toilet:
I was cheerleading negotiation (peace). If you frame that as "cheerleading Russia," that's on you.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Putin's main objective was to take all of Ukraine by force and make it part of Russia. He failed.

So they regrouped and have gone after their backup objectives, taking the Donbas and establishing a land bridge with Crimea. So far they have achieved more success there.

Strategically this whole thing is a big loss for Russia as the it has strengthened NATO and the West's resolve against Russian expansionism.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Paper of Record (TM)

We're also supplying military advisors who are in theater fighting. This is the whole point of our SOF troops. Some have been captured and put on the news you don't see in the US. DoD has acknowledged the loss of two American "mercenaries" in Ukraine recently. We're providing satellite reconnaissance used to target Russian assets and personnel.
All of which is very different is very different than sending 10s of 1000s of infantry ala Iraq or Afghanistan (thankfully). Or using our own Air Force to shoot down Russian jets, which would escalate things very rapidly. Given that we would be fighting on Ukraine's turf on their behalf and with their support, we could absolutely stop Russia dead in their tracks IF we wanted to.

The real danger with that is if Putin decided to attack US or other NATO countries more directly, which is why I agree that we should not go there. But to say that "NATO is losing" is false, because the actual foreign troop presence is minimal.

We have no way of knowing this. Col. Reisner's YouTube presentations are probably the most-accurate. But the NVA lost 500,000 to our 50,000 in Vietnam and still won. Also, this is costly for us. Who wants to win more and needs it more? Russia.
Again, we will see how many are left standing. This will likely amount to a very significant portion of their troops. The demographics and birth rates in Russia aren't in favor of being able to replace lost troops. Several posters here were saying it would be over in weeks, and so did Putin. Now we are pushing 4 months.

After we refused to negotiate, I admittedly hoped their coup de main would've succeeded to minimize loss of life and possibility of escalation, but that doesn't mean Russia had no back-up plan.

It wasn't a foregone conclusion. We could've negotiated. The Russians have always regarded Ukraine as part of Russia and as a buffer with the West. Now they're achieving what they want through "politics through other means."
I don't disagree that this could've been prevented and I think most here would be in support of negotation, but you missed my point. What I am saying is that with the current Russian troop presence around the Donbass, I don't see how it could any other way from here on out.

For you to frame that statement as me saying that we should not have negotiated, that's on you.

I was cheerleading negotiation (peace). If you frame that as "cheerleading Russia," that's on you.
I was speaking in generalities, because your posts seem to favor Russia more than they favor the US or Ukraine. Which is especially weird, considering that you favor "peace" while Russia is clearly the aggressor here.

Reactions: Aruka and afoaf

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
All of which is very different is very different than sending 10s of 1000s of infantry ala Iraq or Afghanistan (thankfully). Or using our own Air Force to shoot down Russian jets, which would escalate things very rapidly. Given that we would be fighting on Ukraine's turf on their behalf and with their support, we could absolutely stop Russia dead in their tracks IF we wanted to.
The "we" will have to exclude me and my sons. I want no part of it. You're welcome to join and do it. You should look at the recruiting numbers lately.
The real danger with that is if Putin decided to attack US or other NATO countries more directly, which is why I agree that we should not go there. But to say that "NATO is losing" is false, because the actual foreign troop presence is minimal.
We're losing the proxy war.
Again, we will see how many are left standing. This will likely amount to a very significant portion of their troops. The demographics and birth rates in Russia aren't in favor of being able to replace lost troops. Several posters here were saying it would be over in weeks, and so did Putin. Now we are pushing 4 months.
I thought it'd be over in weeks if the coup-de-main succeeded. I posted something from February written by David Goldman saying it would likely drag on until Russia got what they wanted, increasing the risk of escalation. If you're getting your news from American sources, you have a very inaccurate view of what's going on. Read some French, German, or Austrian papers.

I don't disagree that this could've been prevented and I think most here would be in support of negotation, but you missed my point. What I am saying is that with the current Russian troop presence around the Donbass, I don't see how it could any other way from here on out.
It can always get worse. Russia and Lithuania could fight over Kaliningrad which would pull NATO in. It could end in a nuclear exchange.

For you to frame that statement as me saying that we should not have negotiated, that's on you.
Fair enough.
I was speaking in generalities, because your posts seem to favor Russia more than they favor the US or Ukraine.
The Ukraine - ha, what a joke.
Which is especially weird, considering that you favor "peace" while Russia is clearly the aggressor here.
After decades of provocation and watching the US be an elephant in the China shop in so many other parts of the world. Look back through my posts ITT.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The "we" will have to exclude me and my sons. I want no part of it. You're welcome to join and do it. You should look at the recruiting numbers lately.

I thought it'd be over in weeks if the coup-de-main succeeded. I posted something from February written by David Goldman saying it would likely drag on until Russia got what they wanted, increasing the risk of escalation. If you're getting your news from American sources, you have a very inaccurate view of what's going on. Read some French, German, or Austrian papers.

It can always get worse. Russia and Lithuania could fight over Kaliningrad which would pull NATO in. It could end in a nuclear exchange.

Fair enough.

The Ukraine - ha, what a joke.

After decades of provocation and watching the US be an elephant in the China shop in so many other parts of the world. Look back through my posts ITT.
Backing the strong over the weak, Just like Jesus taught, right fraud Christian?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Great, I don't either. My point is that we are not deploying even a fraction of our physical capabilities, which is a good thing.

By what metric? Seems that Russia is bleeding resources, popular support and morale, which is exactly what proxy wars are designed to do.

Feel free to post something that isn't a tweet or a youtube video.

Nobody wants that, however I do agree that if we draw a hard line with a NATO border, then we have to stick with it. Both are crappy outcomes, but letting Putin cross that line and get away with it is the worse of 2 evils.

There's no excuse for indiscriminate bombing of civilians and non-military infrastructure, no matter how you spin it. Otherwise I would probably agree with you on US foreign policy post WW2 as being largely regressive.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Great, I don't either. My point is that we are not deploying even a fraction of our physical capabilities, which is a good thing.
Who is "we"? Keep me out of this.
By what metric? Seems that Russia is bleeding resources, popular support and morale, which is exactly what proxy wars are designed to do.
Russian morale is high. Putin is popular. Russian weapons cost a small fraction of what ours cost and they have more of them. This is my industry.
Feel free to post something that isn't a tweet or a youtube video.
I have. Information has a huge "last mile" problem - you.
Nobody wants that, however I do agree that if we draw a hard line with a NATO border, then we have to stick with it. Both are crappy outcomes, but letting Putin cross that line and get away with it is the worse of 2 evils.
How does an atheist define evil?
There's no excuse for indiscriminate bombing of civilians and non-military infrastructure, no matter how you spin it. Otherwise I would probably agree with you on US foreign policy post WW2 as being largely regressive.
It's not indiscriminate any more than our two battles for Fallujah were indiscriminate. You're like Casa here - no military experience, no idea what you're talking about. Join today.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Who is "we"? Keep me out of this.
It's an expression for the US military as a whole, it's not about "You" personally. You are the one making it about you. Holy hell, I can't believe I have to explain this.

Russian morale is high. Putin is popular. Russian weapons cost a small fraction of what ours cost and they have more of them. This is my industry.
Morale is probably high in Russia because they have a strong disinformation machine and they know that this war is their only means of survival with their demographic spiral. Among the troops in some areas, I would imagine that morale varies. Among citizens of western countries, opinions of Russia seems pretty damn low (except for Republicans in the US).

As far as how "successful" the US proxy war is, at the end of the day the US is limited by the ability of the Ukraine to utilize the support given them.

How does an atheist define evil?
I don't need to worship an imaginary sky daddy to know that killing civilians is wrong.

It's not indiscriminate any more than our two battles for Fallujah were indiscriminate. You're like Casa here - no military experience, no idea what you're talking about.
So bombing hospitals and apartment buildings is not indiscriminate? Do you know something about these targets that I don't know?

Join today.
No thanks. Like I've said plenty of times and you keep strawmanning around, I have no desire to see US boots on the ground. However I will gladly let my tax dollars being used to buy toys for Ukrainians who are willing to them :trout:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It's an expression for the US military as a whole, it's not about "You" personally. You are the one making it about you. Holy hell, I can't believe I have to explain this.
Actually, it is. You know why? Guys like me have been asked to carry out regime foreign policy, as have our fathers and grandfathers. When the regime fans the flames into world war, it's personal when you're drafted or deployed. Some of us are institutionally and historically invested in this. You wouldn't understand. ALso, the regime speaks of "We" one day while comparing guys like me to the Taliban another. This also goes far to explain why I sound friendlier to Russia than I do our own regime. Think of why Mohammed Ali didn't want to fight in Vietnam.

Morale is probably high in Russia because they have a strong disinformation machine and they know that this war is their only means of survival with their demographic spiral. Among the troops in some areas, I would imagine that morale varies. Among citizens of western countries, opinions of Russia seems pretty damn low (except for Republicans in the US).
And you're not heavily-propagandized? :rolleyes: Remember when you posted that thread expressing disappointment about the vaccines? Where'd you get much of your information about them? What happened when your experience didn't match reality? When it comes to this case, you watched a YouTube interview of an airport bookstore non-fiction writer (Peter Zeihan), read regime propaganda and now you know everything despite no experience. This is like talking to Casa about weightlifting.
As far as how "successful" the US proxy war is, at the end of the day the US is limited by the ability of the Ukraine to utilize the support given them.
We've made progress. At least you now acknowledge we're in one.
I don't need to worship an imaginary sky daddy to know that killing civilians is wrong.
No one said you did, bugman. I was asking how an atheist accounts for evil.
So bombing hospitals and apartment buildings is not indiscriminate? Do you know something about these targets that I don't know?
You know exactly zero because you have no experience with this and I've served and have decades of experience in this industry.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Actually, it is. You know why? Guys like me have been asked to carry out regime foreign policy, as have our fathers and grandfathers.
So it is about you. Great. Also, you volunteered, and you seem to be at an education level where you knew full well what modern US foreign policy was all about at the time that you signed your papers. So don't act like you didn't have a clue about what you were getting yourself into.

When it comes to this case, you watched a YouTube interview of an airport bookstore non-fiction writer (Peter Zeihan), read regime propaganda and now you know everything despite no experience. This is like talking to Casa about weightlifting.
I don't recall that video, nor have I consumed much content relating to the war as a whole. What I see is one country invading and abusing the citizens of another.

We've made progress. At least you now acknowledge we're in one.
What's with the "WE", do you have a mouse in your pocket? I've always acknowledged that the US is engaged in a proxy war, which by definition is different than having US boots and weaponry in play.

You know exactly zero because you have no experience with this and I've served and have decades of experience in this industry.
Then please, explain why bombing civilian infrastructure is justified. Should be an easy question for you to answer since you have so much "experience" with this sort of thing :roflmao::trout:

Reactions: Woke AF