AORTIC DISSECTION

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Tl dr; a bodybuilder son of a bodybuilder takes some sketchy peptides (but I repeat myself), ends up with kidney failure, then continues on gear until his aorta dissects.

DIE FOR MASS!

The latest thing is dads on gear. Saw this at the pool last weekend. What for/to what end? Seems like we're going to see a lot of middle-aged men dropping dead of strokes and heart-attacks soon.

Here's another one. The dude's facial expression before and after are hilarious.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The latest thing is dads on gear. Saw this at the pool last weekend. What for/to what end? Seems like we're going to see a lot of middle-aged men dropping dead of strokes and heart-attacks soon.
There's tons of these online pop up clinics that prescribe TRT. Lots of guys out there that are not hypogonadal and are using testosterone because their testosterone is on the low side of normal. Meanwhile they have a ton of excess body fat, drink too much alcohol and untreated sleep disorders....which cause low T.

The clinics prescribing transdermal cream applied to the scrotum need to be extra careful because these creams are very powerful and the scrotum transfers a lot of hormone...much moreso than the androgels and other dermal applications on the shoulders, forearms or thighs.They are pushing guys up to super physiologic levels (+1400) and there's just too much we don't know about the side effects of these levels over time. There's been guesses that these levels can cause prostate cancer, increase risk of stroke or heart attack but nothing conclusive. One of the theories is that the increase in RBC and Hematocrit can cause stroke or heart attack chances to increase. There's others that say these elevated levels are a good thing and are nothing to worry about.

There's also a lot of guys in TRT that have high blood pressure now and are using things like Lorsartan to control it rather than lower their dose.

There's also the medical malpractice of prescribing aromatase inhibitors to lower estrogen levels, when it is perfectly normal and healthy to have elevated levels with increased testosterone levels.

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Bostin Loyd used himself as a test dummy. He's been running obscene amounts of gear since he was a teenager. Bodybuilding is the creepiest sport in the world.
MPMD does some good work exposing this. He did one on Thor/Chris Hemsworth and basically said, "Look, this guy is slamming tren for this role." I've shared this with my boys who are being led to think the teevee superhero physique is possible for any man who lifts weights and eats a lot of chicken and broccoli. My oldest is hyper-competitive in basketball and is already asking about this stuff so I'm frank about what guys might be doing at an elite level and how that has a lot of negative trade-offs, many of which can kill you. Before MPMD, you often wouldn't hear about the guys who died.

There's tons of these online pop up clinics that prescribe TRT. Lots of guys out there that are not hypogonadal and are using testosterone because their testosterone is on the low side of normal. Meanwhile they have a ton of excess body fat, drink too much alcohol and untreated sleep disorders....which cause low T.

The clinics prescribing transdermal cream applied to the scrotum need to be extra careful because these creams are very powerful and the scrotum transfers a lot of hormone...much moreso than the androgels and other dermal applications on the shoulders, forearms or thighs.They are pushing guys up to super physiologic levels (+1400) and there's just too much we don't know about the side effects of these levels over time. There's been guesses that these levels can cause prostate cancer, increase risk of stroke or heart attack but nothing conclusive. One of the theories is that the increase in RBC and Hematocrit can cause stroke or heart attack chances to increase. There's others that say these elevated levels are a good thing and are nothing to worry about.

There's also a lot of guys in TRT that have high blood pressure now and are using things like Lorsartan to control it rather than lower their dose.

There's also the medical malpractice of prescribing aromatase inhibitors to lower estrogen levels, when it is perfectly normal and healthy to have elevated levels with increased testosterone levels.
Put me in the "TRT Skeptic" category. Many middle aged men are simply depressed and inactive. Older ones' plumbing can't handle the hormones of a young man which can't be fully replicated by pinning test anyways.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Tl dr; a bodybuilder son of a bodybuilder takes some sketchy peptides (but I repeat myself), ends up with kidney failure
Seen this happen to young guys (18-25) on multiple occasions.

One sticks out - a previously healthy 23 year old ends up with a creatnine of 9.3 after taking some supplements his dad was selling.:rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: PRCD

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
MPMD does some good work exposing this. He did one on Thor/Chris Hemsworth and basically said, "Look, this guy is slamming tren for this role." I've shared this with my boys who are being led to think the teevee superhero physique is possible for any man who lifts weights and eats a lot of chicken and broccoli. My oldest is hyper-competitive in basketball and is already asking about this stuff so I'm frank about what guys might be doing at an elite level and how that has a lot of negative trade-offs, many of which can kill you. Before MPMD, you often wouldn't hear about the guys who died.

Put me in the "TRT Skeptic" category. Many middle aged men are simply depressed and inactive. Older ones' plumbing can't handle the hormones of a young man which can't be fully replicated by pinning test anyways.
I think TRT is useful but easily abused. Doctors and patients want to rush to a number. When you start TRT you are guaranteed to have water retention and increased blood pressure. Normally these both resolve as your body acclimates to the new hormone levels. My opinion is that it would be better to take the slow approach and if you see weight gain or water retention or signs of high blood pressure maybe back off, stabilize and run some labs...Once the side effects subside then slowly add and repeat..minimum effective dose is the thing doctors should always live by.

I don't believe TRT treatment to a number is as important as treating until symptom resolution and a person may do very will on a 1400 total with a 80-100 free T total.....but lifestyle modifications have to come first, reduce excess adipose tissue, stop drinking and get a sleep study to make sure your getting a reasonable amount of hours in. Once your house is in order then medicine is a worthy alternative to explore.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
You don't know what you're talking about.
Yes I do.

This is common. It's impossible to supplement creatine and not have elevated levels of serum creatinine.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes I do.

This is common. It's impossible to supplement creatine and not have elevated levels of serum creatinine.

Like I said - context is important.

In the case(s) I'm referring to all patients were in AKI due to products taken as bodybuilding supplements.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Seen this happen to young guys (18-25) on multiple occasions.

One sticks out - a previously healthy 23 year old ends up with a creatnine of 9.3 after taking some supplements his dad was selling.:rolleyes:
When you are young you just need to lift hard.

Youth is wasted on the young.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
How do you measure creatine levels (outside of a lab, presumably)?

My 13 y/o just started a 90 day weight training program - he wants to play tackle football in the fall - and per the recs, he's taking about 4 grams per day. Just started this week, I'd be interested in tracking that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
How do you measure creatine levels (outside of a lab, presumably)?

My 13 y/o just started a 90 day weight training program - he wants to play tackle football in the fall - and per the recs, he's taking about 4 grams per day. Just started this week, I'd be interested in tracking that.
That's fine.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So how are these guys measuring their creatine levels?
creatine isn't creatinine

They are not measuring creatine.

You would just get a blood test.

5 grams of creatine is actually going to be good for you.

The examples of people having problems were a result of dehydration.

If you were worried you could just take a break every once in a while.

Reactions: sussle

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
creatine isn't creatinine

They are not measuring creatine.

You would just get a blood test.

5 grams of creatine is actually going to be good for you.

The examples of people having problems were a result of dehydration.

If you were worried you could just take a break every once in a while.
not me - it's my 13 y/o. i took it years ago - found it upset my stomach. just curious how they were measuring levels without a blood test.