Anyone ridden a Pyzel Wildcat?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Yes, I saw and posted in that. But none actually had ridden one. So I figured this might be a more convenient place to focus on ride reports.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Haha yeah... Felt up a wildcat in the store and it seemed nice. Never rode it. Can confirm that the midlife crisis is awfully nice though as a twinny

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Jon said they were planning on releasing an official "Twin Crisis" model like the one Boardshop UK has but haven't seen it yet. One of those with channels like the Wildcat would be pretty nice. Not a fan of wings but I do like channels.

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Wildcat is very flat up front- much more than expected given its outline. I think it would work well in quality/lined up waves but probably not for my wedgy beachbreak. Shop also had a few happy twins (older model?) that looked really fun. Kind of a similar feel to my phantom but widepoint might be a bit further back.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Thanks for the reply. That was part of what I was curious about. None of the local shops here who sell Pyzels have gotten any so I was curious about how suitable for beach break they are.

Wildcat is very flat up front- much more than expected given its outline. I think it would work well in quality/lined up waves but probably not for my wedgy beachbreak. Shop also had a few happy twins (older model?) that looked really fun. Kind of a similar feel to my phantom but widepoint might be a bit further back.

gkatz

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 12, 2008
i have ridden many wildcats back in the day when I was single but not a pyzel...

Reactions: Sam_K
Mar 7, 2018

looks like it works in average conditions
those sort of waves are similar to what i regularly ride locally (mainly beachies). like most twins it has a bit of extra spark/acceleration between turns. but there are so many twins out there that have this feature. i am not sure the wildcat is offering something new/better (than my current stcy bullet twin). having said that, the few pyzels i have owned have had a solidity and reliability that inspires confidence. this is not lost on me when looking at potential twin additions.
btw, good to see someone other than a male pro used for this vid.