Anyone ridden a lost Evil Twin

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Wondering if anyone has ridden one of these. Is it kinda of a novelty board or does it really work?

I'm always a little skeptical of boards designed for multiple fin configurations. Even with 5 fin options I usually find they work better either as a quad or a tri. But something like this with twin and single options seems like even a further stretch.

Jun 25, 2014
Kinda outside LA
Wondering if anyone has ridden one of these. Is it kinda of a novelty board or does it really work?

I'm always a little skeptical of boards designed for multiple fin configurations. Even with 5 fin options I usually find they work better either as a quad or a tri. But something like this with twin and single options seems like even a further stretch.
I have an Evil Twin in carbon wrap. My 2nd one. It’s honestly one of my favorite Mayhem boards I’ve had to date since the late 90’s. If you prefer riding hybrid style boards, this is definitely worth trying out. The board works. Lots of foam carried throughout, so it paddles incredibly well, and has a surprisingly huge wave range for how flat it is. Holds really solid in the wave face, and is fast. Never feels like its going to slide out. It‘s not super loose and skatey like the MR Cali twin, which I also have. Between the two, I basically grab the ET for points, and the MR for beach breaks. My personal preference.

The longboard fin box is worthless to me though. I have no interest riding the board as a single fin. I do like that the board came with the center fins, as the small trailer works well with the Futures Evil Twin set and the EN‘s (my favorite set), but when I order my next one, I’m going to request a standard box, so I can use different trailers.

Reactions: oeste858 and Havoc